Paducah, KY HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdennis61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Will we ever get them? It was announced at least two different times last year that we would soon be getting HD locals but now when I talk to a Dish rep they say our locals are not broadcast in hd and they cannot provide us with alternates. I know for a fact they are broadcast in hd as I have picked them up with an off air antenna from time to time but I am now not able to get a signal except for NBC because of a problem with the antenna. Why would they outright lie insted of telling us what is really going on? I can see a switch to Direct coming soon unless there is a change. Anyone care to comment on this.:confused:

Jeff

Paducah and Davenport were supposed to be turned on last Fall on the 77 degree satellite. The local news is not broadcasting in HD, but the CBS, NBC, and ABC programming is broadcasting in HD.

I do not why there is a delay. My system is not set-up to receive the stations on EA. I have a Western-Arc system. The Paducah news WPSD will be broadcasting in HD later this year as they upgrade their system.

Is it a requirement that the local news has to be broadcast in hd before Dish can launch the channels? What about all the other programs that aren't hd as well as the ones Dish carries? This is ridiculous.

Just wish I had an answer why Dish said we were to be live and then it got delayed. Nobody has an answer. We have been jacked around for almost a year. If you announce us in November on the Charlie Chat make it happen. At least a reason why it didn't happen

Last edited:
The DMA for Bluefield, WV has been waiting for over 11 years now for locals and DN keeps saying sorry maybe we will get them soon. Like hell we will because DN is to busy launching alot of sports HD and all those other crappy channels. We have been waiting over 11 years now and none of the political big wigs want to get invovled. DN logo should be changed to ( NEVER WV ) and NEVER KY. Sorry ass company and to say we appreciate all our customers. When 04-04-10 I will be leaving DN and I hope all customer in The Bluefield, WV DMA cancels also.

The Paducah, KY were supposed to happen a couple of years ago and never did. Then it seemed like FINALLY this Fall, but nope.

I gave up a little bit ago and purchased a couple of antennas to put in my attic to pick up the locals - Antennas Direct ClearStream4 Antenna (for UHF) and ClearStream5 HDtv Antenna (for VHF).

Looks like you could get most of your channels with a good UHF antenna that is pointed correctly ( TV Fool ). Everything except for CBS, which is on 12 and would need good VHF.

After several broken promises and announcements I've accepted that Davenport will never get HD locals from Dish. A real answer as to why the delay might change my mind, but these advertisements from DT are looking good. Wish Dish would realize that a little real information given to customers instead of "Soon" goes a long way to pacify people.

When Will Evansville, IN Get Locals in HD

When Will Evansville, IN Get Locals in HD as promsed on chat in Nov
maybe Scott can find out for us why it has been delayed
How about it Scott !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts