Pages load slow or not at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickone4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
wisconsin
This is the only website I have problems with, it either takes forever to load, or else it just goes to a blank white page. I hope that I am not being throttled here, due to constructive criticism.

I have the same problem here too, but only because I'm stuck on an old browser due to my old O/S. SG is fairly fast on my W7 partition (same hardware). This never happened before we went to XenForo.

I tried it on the opera browser, that one it doesn't even load at all on, the chromium browser for linux is slightly better then firefox, but not by much. I tried it on proxy server and the website really flies.

I have the same problem here too, but only because I'm stuck on an old browser due to my old O/S. SG is fairly fast on my W7 partition (same hardware). This never happened before we went to XenForo.

Are you on comcast? i just reset my modem and router, no go, it won't even load at all in firefox now.

No, I'm on Cox. Back on W7 w/latest FF and it's zippy.

Linux mint 17 hasn't been keeping up with browser updates. the current version of firefox on it is 30 the current version is 34.0.5
I just tried the new version, and there is a slight improvement in loading, but not by much of a margin.

I do, but I'm currently mad at Verizon so I haven't switched.

Since it is all good for everyone else, I suspect that I maybe purposely throttled here...I would appreciate it if the throttling could be lifted.

Sorry there is no throttle.

Ok great! Then it is more likely comcast's fault, as I don't know what the problem is, since it is the same on all browsers I have tried. If AT&T didn't go backwards dumping DSL ( 6MBs down ) and forcing UVerse ( 3MBs down ) I would have switched over.

I have Comcast also in the 50/10 Blast plan using W7 with Chrome browser
and it takes at least 4-8 seconds(sometimes more) to fully load which isn't a big deal to me
but I agree it was much more faster before the site update.

Maybe Comcast is throttling everything with 'satellite' in the address. :biggrin

Reactions: Foxbat
Running Firefox 33 for Ubuntu Linux with a lousy Verizon DSL speed of only 2.1Mbps (Verizon:mad:) and pages still load quick for me.:)

This is the only website I have problems with, it either takes forever to load, or else it just goes to a blank white page. I hope that I am not being throttled here, due to constructive criticism.

What are you using for your DNS server? Are you using the automatic one form your ISP or did you put in something like Google's or OpenDNS? The drawback of using one of the global ones is that you may not get the ideal connection from content delivery services since they use different IP addresses for different locations depending on the connections to that area.

Maybe Comcast is throttling everything with 'satellite' in the address. :biggrin

HA! Good one:biggrin....Oddly enough it seems to be true.

What are you using for your DNS server? Are you using the automatic one form your ISP or did you put in something like Google's or OpenDNS? The drawback of using one of the global ones is that you may not get the ideal connection from content delivery services since they use different IP addresses for different locations depending on the connections to that area.

I just changed the dns servers, as I was using the ISP one. After I changed the dns servers, I did notice a slight improvement, so I still blame comcast.

I am still having page loading issues. Pms are very hard to get to, and start. What browser does this forum prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts