Pain in the butt to activation this 311 single room receiver

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Did an installation for top 60, signal ok with check switch, called and said wait 15 to 20 minutes then the receiver should be O.K., hell no. it did not, waited more them 30 minutes and go through one department after another, at the tech department, fooling around for some like another twenty minutes and did all the tech say, nothing is work and the receiver just stuck on the > this receiver is not yet authority and please call dish XXXXXXXXXX to activate your receiver. Press menu and never able to get in to other menu, did a few times by pressing the up button on the receiver and finally got to the receiver inform menu, then at few minutes, it auto went to another on screen activation menu, this, I never see before and the lady at tech department said she has not see this and don't know what I am talking about, then I just press select on the remote when it highline to auto activation, but once it download about half way it came back saying try again and the receiver not yet able to activation and a error 023 showed, try again samething happen, the receiver not able to activation, but when I press the channel up and down, this menu went away and started show some picture, and now they considering this had been activated, then bla bla bla after that, hung up the phone, then I can write the paper and work order were closed. Total time to get that damn receiver work are over 1.5 hours. this is a pain in my butt.

some of the 301's and 311's have this new auto activation sequence you do from the receiver itself. They talked about it at the office, but I have never seen it myself. I hope I don't have the same issue you are having.

usually, if the receiver is not activating after 5 minutes, either the CSR forgot to close the work order or there is a wrong # entered for the receiver/smart card. When the CSR corrects the problem it takes at least half an hour, and several resets.

About the new activation via the receiver.....we had a training on it, but have yet to see it in the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)