Pairing an old remote 21.0 with Joey 3

Well, finally I was able to pair the 21 remote but ONLY after I unpaired the original 54 remote. However on the Sys Info menu it did NOT display that the remote was paired even though it was working. Also I wasn't able to configure the TV to the remote, it says " Sorry this device is not supported by the remote control setting". Obviously, these old remotes are not fully compatible with the Hopper 3. I will have to wait for the 54 replacement remote.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, finally I was able to pair the 21 remote but ONLY after I unpaired the original 54 remote. However on the Sys Info menu it did NOT display that the remote was paired even though it was working. Also I wasn't able to configure the TV to the remote, it says " Sorry this device is not supported by the remote control setting". Obviously, these old remotes are not fully compatible with the Hopper 3. I will have to wait for the 54 replacement remote.

Sorry, we didn't stress enough to you that the 21.0 does not pair with the Hopper. You will not see it in the Sys Info screen. You can program the 21.0 to work your TV by using the method for the 21.0 remotes, by using the codes or learn method. It is not done thru the Hopper like the 54.0 or 40. See the attached pics for programming your 21.0 remote to work your TV. Let me know what TV you have and I will send you some codes to try out.

Attachments

• 21.0 TV Setup-1.pdf
    207.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 21.0 TV Setup-2.pdf
    201.2 KB · Views: 116

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)