Pairing my old remotes with Hopper 3 and 4K Joeys?

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hello all,
Can someone tell me how to pair my old remotes with my Hopper 3 and 4K Joeys? I have been searching everywhere and I can't figure it out. I held system info down on 4K Joeys and nothing. I think that's how it was done with the old Joeys.
Thanks,
GIslands

Once you are on the diagnostics screen (keep tapping the home button on the new remote until you see the diagnostics screen), then you should be able to just hit the SAT button on the old remote to pair it. You should hear a short series of beeps on the old remote if the pairing is successful.

Also...the remote needs to be unpaired from the old receiver in order to pair with the new H3 or 4K Joey. If you no longer have the old receiver to unpair them, you can follow the prodedure below on the old remote to manually unpair it:

Hold sat till all light up
Hold Recall and 0 for 3 secs
Press search
Press vol +
Press stop
Wait 5 secs for tone

(Unpairing procedure © JSheridan :D)

Hello all,
Can someone tell me how to pair my old remotes with my Hopper 3 and 4K Joeys? I have been searching everywhere and I can't figure it out. I held system info down on 4K Joeys and nothing. I think that's how it was done with the old Joeys.
Thanks,
GIslands
Press system info button on hopper or Joey's then sat button on remote, the remote should now show on right side of system info screen

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you both. I got it. That was very easy. Posting question on here is faster than call the 1-800 number haha. So far so good, tech just left and I like it so far, but I am sticking with my old remotes compared to the new one for the Hopper 3

Once you are on the diagnostics screen (keep tapping the home button on the new remote until you see the diagnostics screen), then you should be able to just hit the SAT button on the old remote to pair it. You should hear a short series of beeps on the old remote if the pairing is successful.

Also...the remote needs to be unpaired from the old receiver in order to pair with the new H3 or 4K Joey. If you no longer have the old receiver to unpair them, you can follow the prodedure below on the old remote to manually unpair it:

Hold sat till all light up
Hold Recall and 0 for 3 secs
Press search
Press vol +
Press stop
Wait 5 secs for tone

(Unpairing procedure © JSheridan :D)
Just out of curiosity why do they need to unpair from old receiver , I didnt unpair mine first and they seem to be working okay, or so I think... Lol..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity why do they need to unpair from old receiver , I didnt unpair mine first and they seem to be working okay, or so I think... Lol..

If your old receiver is gone, then they don't have to unpair. You only have to unpair them if you want to move them to another existing receiver on your MOCA network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts