Palladia

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
The hd listings on dishnetwork's website now show Palladia being in top 120, 200, etc. Is this correct? It used to be that Palladia was in the America packs but not the Top 120, 200 or 250 unless you subscribed to
Platinum.

It is included in the AT120 and 200 if you have the HD add on ($10 per month). If you sign up for HD Free for Life it becomes available only if you subscribe to Dish Platinum.

And the Dish stupidity continues...

Anyway, Palladia is hardly a premium channel. Sure, it's nice that unlike MTV's other channels, they play music all the time, but they have commercials and censorship.

So, people think they are getting HD for life by making things less expensive for Dish by committing to autopay and email statements or paying a lot of money up front for HD for Life. As is apparent by this thread, Dish doesn't seem to advertise this difference on HD Free for Life and the HD Add-on.

Is DIRT really sure about this? Could DIRT post a "confirmation, yes it really is so" post so we are all certain. If this really is the case, good grief! While there may be a legitimate reason for this Palladia situation because of contracts or payments by Dish for the channel, it still comes across as dishonest, flim-flam at worst or disingenuous at best. Say it aint so. As one who watches Palladia, I would be REALLY pissed if I had paid for HD for life only to find that if I want said channel, it would cost me an additional $10.00 per month because it is, IN FACT, offered in the AT's, even if only as the HD add-on. PLEASE!

Seriously???

Said it many time before..............SHADY.....................

Not as Shady as giving your customers a satellite dish,then telling them they need the service plan to fix it,then if you cancel they ask for the LNB back?.:rolleyes:

And I also know when you cancel your Dish Network subscription you can tell them you can't reach it and Dish will not charge you for the LNB.But it's the thought that counts!.:rant:

Not as Shady as giving your customers a satellite dish,then telling them they need the service plan to fix it,then if you cancel they ask for the LNB back?.:rolleyes:

And I also know when you cancel your Dish Network subscription you can tell them you can't reach it and Dish will not charge you for the LNB.But it's the thought that counts!.:rant:

The first part is to be expected if you are not capable of owning, installing, and maintaining your own equipment. There is nothing shady about them expecting this from customers who want EVERYTHING for free.

Second= True, if you cannot easily reach the LNB, they will let it slide. It is a lot cheaper than a lawsuit, lol........

Palladia should be part of the basic packages (at least the 200) IMO, it's a great channel and I'd like to have access but I'm not paying the $10 add-on

I just want to clarify the packages. The HD Free for Life gives the channels that are included with the AT packages that are simulcast in HD. The HD add-on is different because you are paying $10 per month and you get two additional channels (HD theater, and Palladia). Those channels are a bonus when you pay for the HD add-on and are not included in the basic AT packages.

DishSubLA said:
So, people think they are getting HD for life by making things less expensive for Dish by committing to autopay and email statements or paying a lot of money up front for HD for Life. As is apparent by this thread, Dish doesn't seem to advertise this difference on HD Free for Life and the HD Add-on.

Is DIRT really sure about this? Could DIRT post a "confirmation, yes it really is so" post so we are all certain. If this really is the case, good grief! While there may be a legitimate reason for this Palladia situation because of contracts or payments by Dish for the channel, it still comes across as dishonest, flim-flam at worst or disingenuous at best. Say it aint so. As one who watches Palladia, I would be REALLY pissed if I had paid for HD for life only to find that if I want said channel, it would cost me an additional $10.00 per month because it is, IN FACT, offered in the AT's, even if only as the HD add-on. PLEASE!

Didn't do anything to get hd free for life.

I just want to clarify the packages. The HD Free for Life gives the channels that are included with the AT packages that are simulcast in HD. The HD add-on is different because you are paying $10 per month and you get two additional channels (HD theater, and Palladia). Those channels are a bonus when you pay for the HD add-on and are not included in the basic AT packages.

This is all way too confusing and something Dish should consider simplifying. If you are getting "HD for life", it should include all the non-premiums. There shouldn't be an additional $10 fee to get more non-premium HD channels.

And let's remember Palladia was supposed to be a replacement for the Fuse channel that was dropped last year but that was conveniently taken away by Dish as well and denied by all representatives when customers asked about it.

This is all way too confusing and something Dish should consider simplifying. If you are getting "HD for life", it should include all the non-premiums. There shouldn't be an additional $10 fee to get more non-premium HD channels.

And let's remember Palladia was supposed to be a replacement for the Fuse channel that was dropped last year but that was conveniently taken away by Dish as well and denied by all representatives when customers asked about it.

Agreed!!!! ..............

The first part is to be expected if you are not capable of owning, installing, and maintaining your own equipment. There is nothing shady about them expecting this from customers who want EVERYTHING for free.

Sure is. To me, if you pay a monthly fee for a service and they stop delivering the service for whatever reason, it's their responsibility to fix the problem or refund you your money and waive any contractual obligations. I know that's not the law, but there is such a thing as an ethical responsibility in this world. Not everything that's legal is right. Even the cable company will come out and fix the equipment they are leasing you, or replace it, for free if your service stops working, and cable companies are not exactly models of perfect customer service themselves, but even they do this bare minimum without tacking on a surcharge.

Sure is. To me, if you pay a monthly fee for a service and they stop delivering the service for whatever reason, it's their responsibility to fix the problem or refund you your money and waive any contractual obligations. I know that's not the law, but there is such a thing as an ethical responsibility in this world. Not everything that's legal is right. Even the cable company will come out and fix the equipment they are leasing you, or replace it, for free if your service stops working, and cable companies are not exactly models of perfect customer service themselves, but even they do this bare minimum without tacking on a surcharge.
That monthly fee is for programming not for service. If your car breaks you have to pay for it. So if your system goes bad then you should be the one that pays for it. BTW many cable companies charge for service calls now.

Didn't do anything to get hd free for life.

They told me I would have had to pay $200 in extra equipment costs to get "free" HD for life, which of course I declined to do. I'm stuck with all SD signals, but paying the same monthly fee as "free HD for life" customers with the same package. I'm sure there are people out there who did pay that equipment fee and now don't get whatever this Palladia channel is. Seems shady to me. But it's about what I expect from Dish -- they offer a lot of promotions that have catches or aren't available to everyone, and then try to nickle and dime you with service charges and little gotchas, plus channels you'd expect to be in basic packages (based on what's in cable's basic packages), but that you have to upgrade to get (Versus, MSNBC). And god-forbid you're a sports fan in an area where Dish has a feud with your local RSN and you don't get any of your favorites teams' games, which might be why you subscribed in the first place, and can't opt out due to a contract and an early termination fee.

I switched to Dish because I couldn't get a deal from cable (After 5 years with them) and couldn't afford what they were charging, so Dish was a "life saver" in that regard, it's not all bad, but I've got to say I'm not going to be nominating them for service of the year anytime soon. ;)

P.S. Didn't get a signal due to the rain storm for probably the 25th time last night.

That monthly fee is for programming not for service. If your car breaks you have to pay for it. So if your system goes bad then you should be the one that pays for it.

If you lease your car and it breaks, I'll bet they replace it or fix it. You're only leasing your system from Dish, which is the justification they use for making you ship it back at your own expense (another kind of ridiculous gotcha to have to pay shipping on that) when you cancel your service. If you were buying it, you'd get to keep it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)