Palladia

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Didn't stop businesses from selling dead rats mixed with rat poison as beef soup in the 19th century. Ever read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair? Businesses have to pretend to care about the customer in some cases (Not always- like where a virtual monopoly exists), but they usually don't actually care. They just have to create a perception that they do.
A more recent example would be the Glycerin incidents from a few years ago .. some guy in China decided to get a better profit he'd simply use the same stuff that's anti-freeze grade.. slap TD on it... which meant "tidai" or "substitute" and it was then used in hundreds of things including the glycerol base of cough syrup that killed thousands in 3rd world countries..

The local thought was that it made him more money, the global concern was never in this person's mind.
From China to Panama, a Trail of Poisoned Medicine - NYTimes.com
that's one of my favorite reads.. it also opens the doors to "what if" since we don't test *every thing* we rely on big business to do it, or to manufacture it as cheaply as possible and not have it kill us, so that big business will still have us as consumer/customer.

It's usually heavy rain, but we're getting a lot of it lately, so it's becoming more of an issue. Were I to have a tech come out to repoint the Dish at some point, would there be a charge associated with that?

I would have to pull up your account. If you want me to take a look at what I can do just PM your phone or account number and I would be happy to take a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)