Panama City DMA

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
I am within the Panama City, FL DMA which does not include a CBS affiliate. However with the passage of STELA I should be given WTVY the "significanlty viewed" CBS affiliate in my neighboring DMA. I am not receiving this channel as of yet and per conversation with customer service they are not sure why or when. Could anyone provide me any further information. WTVY is already uplinked and operational as it serves the Dothan, AL DMA, therefore i don't understand why I am not getting it.

Last edited:
I am within the Panama City, FL DMA which does not include a CBS affiliate. However with the passage of STELA I should be given WTVY the "significanlty viewed" CBS affiliate in my neighboring DMA. I am not receiving this channel as of yet and per conversation with customer service they are not sure why or when. Could anyone provide me any further information. WTVY is already uplinked and operational as it serves the Dothan, AL DMA, therefore i don't understand why I am not getting it.

It was thought that on 3 June that WTVY was going to be made avail to the customers in the PC DMA..... but as you can see that did not happen.

Based on some discussions here, it might be sometime before DISH offers WTVY to this area......

I wouldn't be holding my breath for a quick resolution......

Stu

I did not know that.

Whenever Dish takes care of that problem with Dothan, I believe the NBC affilliate will be out of Panama City. Bummer. I have family around Dothan, but I am in Montgomery.

i talk to dish cr and no results.i don't want nbc out of panama city i like channel 12 better that why i'm switching to direc.

i talk to dish cr and no results.i don't want nbc out of panama city i like channel 12 better that why i'm switching to direc.

Just FYI since I feel I may have mislead you before, I now believe DirecTV is actually providing NBC HD from New York to Dothan. Since they are mapping it to channel 12, I get the impression they may change it to WSFA when the Montgomery locals launch in October. No way to be certain about it, though.

Direct TV is not an option for those in the Panama City DMA if they want locals because I don't think D offers them............at least in Dothan you have a choice and can get the Big 4 with D.

Good Luck with your D service!

Direct TV is not an option for those in the Panama City DMA if they want locals because I don't think D offers them............at least in Dothan you have a choice and can get the Big 4 with D.

Nope, DirecTV doesn't offer them for Panama City. Although, they are planned for next year.

I have call dish several time about our locals,When columbus come on line two weeks ago.All the channels were hd that really pissed me off.Dothan has been uplinks for couples of years and no hd locals ,I talk to a csr they know nothing.

I'M switching to direc i may sorry about this later .but i be getting espnu'locals'in hd plus cw and mynetwork.we watch a lot of sports,i really like dish equipments.

I have call dish several time about our locals,When columbus come on line two weeks ago.All the channels were hd that really pissed me off.Dothan has been uplinks for couples of years and no hd locals ,I talk to a csr they know nothing.

I'M switching to direc i may sorry about this later .but i be getting espnu'locals'in hd plus cw and mynetwork.we watch a lot of sports,i really like dish equipments.

If I understand correctly I also think you will get the locals in HD from Direct?

If I understand correctly I also think you will get the locals in HD from Direct?

correct

Dothan gets in HD on D*
CBS 4
ABC 18
FOX 34
NBC 12 says "NBC" (no call sign)
CW and My in SD
National PBS in SD

There are no SD counterparts for the Big 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts