Panasonic 3D DMP-BDT 300/350 Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Got my 350 today. Don't ask how ;) The difference between the 300 and 350 is the 350 supports DLNA.

Partial Review: Right now it is not hooked up to a 3D display. That will come come probably in June or so. It is backwards compatable for 2D playback and will pass through 1.1 or above.

Asthetics: This player is a little more solid than previous models. It is the same width, but about 1/4 taller. It has to drop down doors. One door for the Drive and the other for the front USB and memory card.

Basic Setup: Setup went smoothly. Right now it is hooked up with the main HDMI out to an Integra Processor (1.3) and to my Mitsubishi 65831 DLP. There is a second HDMi out for audio for connecting to a non 1.4 receiver when you connect straight to a 3D enabled TV. Upon start up, it goes straight into the setup menu. Player setup to Bitstream audio, secondary audio off, 1080p/24. Network comes later.

Start up: Very fast. Power on: About 12 seconds to Panasonic screen. Bolt: 27 seconds until first screen and 43 seconds until first preview.

BD Playback: Put in Bolt. Colors really popped and had almost that 3D effect. Great depth. As good as any BD player I've seen for BD playback. More later....

3D: Coming later, but TV specific.

DVD Playback: This player is capable of scaling to 1080p/24 for SDDVD playback. It must be set manually each time you play a DVD. Watching Mary Poppins for the combination of live action and animation. Excellent upconversion. Colors pop. Picture is quite clear and almost looks HD. No banding

Vierra Cast: Right now it includes: weather, You Tube, Amazon VOD, Bloomberg, Picassa, and Netflix. Pandora is supposed to come over the summer. Got the Netflix account linked. Tried to play Robin Hood. It looked lousy. I will try my Samsung and see if it looks the same. The Other man looked much better, so I don't think it's the player.

Network: It comes with a wireless dongle and a nice USB extender. I had a heck of a time setting up the Network. It comes with a wireless dongle and a nice USB extender Kept saying it wouldn't connect. FInally got it going, but it waas dropping out on Netflix. I'm going to reset my modem tomorrow. Even my laptop had trouble connecting today. Seems to be working now, though.

Firmware: Came with 1.2. Current version is 1.10. Did the old CD update since I'm having inconsistant modem.

Overall: I can't wait to get my 3D TV and hook this baby up to it. I'm glad that I went with the Panasonic and not the Samsung. This player will meet more needs having two HDMI outs, one for video to a 1.4 3D set, and 1 for audio to a receiver with 1.3 or below. Yes it does have internal decoders.

Enjoy,

S~

Last edited:
Can't edit my own post? What's up with that?

Network: Redid my network and wireless router. Everything is now working fine (even my computer). Network setup was easy. Hit the button on the router, hit OK on the player and they connected. Robin Hood still looks poor. Looked bad on the 3600, also, so I know it's Netflix. The lighter outside scenes do look better than the dark, dungeon scene.

S~

Can't wait to see your 3D impressions. I like the speed on the 85 and the Amazon HD VOD. I found faster streaming speeds thru a powerline adapter, so I removed the wifi dongle.

He's back from the grave. Hopefully I'll have my 3D set within the next week. Looking at the PN63cC8000.

S~

Pandora went live today. Nice interface. Those with plasmas, no worry about burn as it spins after a minute until you hit a button or the next song starts. Listening to Clapton/Winwood "Rambling on my Mind." Sounds sweet.

S~

Well, My display is coming in Thursday. Llllllllooooooonnnnnngggggggg story. Ended up getting the Panasonic. Another lllllooooonnnngggggg story.

S~

Nice with vudu. I really enjoy vudu service and have been frustrated at times with the selection of devices out there with vudu support. Panasonic should be a solid if not the best vudu partner today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)