Panasonic Unveils Spectacular New OLED TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I suspect rights were sold. Like somebody else has the rights to use the Panasonic name for consumer goods in the US.
I expect that they're more that a little peeved about being driven out of their chosen TV market (plasma) by the California legislation.

Since when are overstatements and misleading rhetoric better than keeping mum?
If a company isn't even contemplating a new product, then it isn't coming for sure. If it is at least talking about it, then there is a chance. I'd rather companies be talking about new products than not.

I'd rather companies be talking about new products than not.
I'd rather they not embarrass themselves (and their fanboys) by talking up stuff they aren't entirely committed to.

I can think of a company very familiar here that took over five years to deliver a flagship product that they had been pitching as being deliverable "later this year".

Remember the odyssey that was Duke Nukem Forever? 15 years in the making!

Then there was the on-again, off-again joint venture between Sony and Panasonic to develop OLED panels that doesn't seem to have borne much tangible fruit.

Remember what Microsoft promised would be in Windows 7? Some of the key technological advancements are still not there in Windows 10 and in the process WMC evaporated.

While all of this anticipation is happening, everyone takes a wait-and-see approach causing the market as a whole suffer and technological progress is stalled waiting to see what happens.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)