Panat 2500a or fortec star Lifetime

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
Which one would be better for a newbee to start with? I was looking at the Pansat but see more people here use the Fortec. Is there much difference between them? I know price wise, the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra is a little cheaper than the Pansat 2500a.
Also, I am looking to use a Primestar dish and LNB to start with. From what I read, that will work, is that correct? I am located in NE Missouri.
Looking forward to getting started in this fun hobby. If anybody has any advise/suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The Primestar dish wil work for KU band

I have a Pansat 1500 (little brother) and it works real good. I've worked with a Fortec and like that one also.

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks for the quick replies :) I think I will go with the Pansat.
If anybody has any good tips/advise, send them my way.
I can't wait to get started. I plan to start with the Primestar dish pointed at G10. From what I have read, it has the most english channels. I will later add another dish or a motor and explore what else is out there.
Thanks

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
I just did that newguy with my Fortec Ultra and a Primestar dish to get my system up and running. I really enjoy G10 and can't wait for my birthday in late April to update my set up. I used a Superdish mast to mount my primestar on and it worked great . Everybody here is great to help, especially Iceberg and PSB they made this a fantastic forum to enjoy and always be helped with any problems. Hope you enjoy your new set up and good luck! Mike

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
A P* dish works fine. From what I read I think they come in three sizes? Any idea what model number your is and the size of it?

The elv on my one of my dishs is off by 4 degress or so. So when you are pointing your keep this in mind and find out how far your is off.

newguy said:
Which one would be better for a newbee to start with? I was looking at the Pansat but see more people here use the Fortec. Is there much difference between them? I know price wise, the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra is a little cheaper than the Pansat 2500a.
Also, I am looking to use a Primestar dish and LNB to start with. From what I read, that will work, is that correct? I am located in NE Missouri.
Looking forward to getting started in this fun hobby. If anybody has any advise/suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
I had a pansat 2500a and a fortec star Lifetime and I liked the fortec better.
I have a 10ft c/ku dish

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
ken2400 said:
A P* dish works fine. From what I read I think they come in three sizes? Any idea what model number your is and the size of it?

The elv on my one of my dishs is off by 4 degress or so. So when you are pointing your keep this in mind and find out how far your is off.

I don't know the specs on the dish right now. It is at my father-in-laws house and I haven't made it out there yet to pick it up. I am also going to look around for more of them so I can get more than the one satellite in the future. Right now though, I am just starting with one at g10 until I learn a little more.
Thanks everybody for the replys, you are a great help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)