Panat 2500a or fortec star Lifetime

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Which one would be better for a newbee to start with? I was looking at the Pansat but see more people here use the Fortec. Is there much difference between them? I know price wise, the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra is a little cheaper than the Pansat 2500a.
Also, I am looking to use a Primestar dish and LNB to start with. From what I read, that will work, is that correct? I am located in NE Missouri.
Looking forward to getting started in this fun hobby. If anybody has any advise/suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

The Primestar dish wil work for KU band

I have a Pansat 1500 (little brother) and it works real good. I've worked with a Fortec and like that one also.

Thanks for the quick replies :) I think I will go with the Pansat.
If anybody has any good tips/advise, send them my way.
I can't wait to get started. I plan to start with the Primestar dish pointed at G10. From what I have read, it has the most english channels. I will later add another dish or a motor and explore what else is out there.
Thanks

I just did that newguy with my Fortec Ultra and a Primestar dish to get my system up and running. I really enjoy G10 and can't wait for my birthday in late April to update my set up. I used a Superdish mast to mount my primestar on and it worked great . Everybody here is great to help, especially Iceberg and PSB they made this a fantastic forum to enjoy and always be helped with any problems. Hope you enjoy your new set up and good luck! Mike

A P* dish works fine. From what I read I think they come in three sizes? Any idea what model number your is and the size of it?

The elv on my one of my dishs is off by 4 degress or so. So when you are pointing your keep this in mind and find out how far your is off.

newguy said:
Which one would be better for a newbee to start with? I was looking at the Pansat but see more people here use the Fortec. Is there much difference between them? I know price wise, the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra is a little cheaper than the Pansat 2500a.
Also, I am looking to use a Primestar dish and LNB to start with. From what I read, that will work, is that correct? I am located in NE Missouri.
Looking forward to getting started in this fun hobby. If anybody has any advise/suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

I had a pansat 2500a and a fortec star Lifetime and I liked the fortec better.
I have a 10ft c/ku dish

ken2400 said:
A P* dish works fine. From what I read I think they come in three sizes? Any idea what model number your is and the size of it?

The elv on my one of my dishs is off by 4 degress or so. So when you are pointing your keep this in mind and find out how far your is off.

I don't know the specs on the dish right now. It is at my father-in-laws house and I haven't made it out there yet to pick it up. I am also going to look around for more of them so I can get more than the one satellite in the future. Right now though, I am just starting with one at g10 until I learn a little more.
Thanks everybody for the replys, you are a great help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I watch channels on the Brasilsat ?

Directv Dish and Dish Network Dual LNBF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts