Pandora rebooting Joey?

spacenerd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Has anybody been having the problem of Pandora rebooting their Joey? We like to listen to the Pandora app feed from a Joey thru a AV receiver to speakers on our deck. It seems like ever 2 hours or so the Joey will reboot. It does not happen when we are listening to one of the Sirius music channels only Pandora. I contacted Dish support and was told that they had not heard of this issue before but they did send me a replacement Joey. That did not help, still have the same issue.
Any ideas?

Spacenerd

Just for jeepers, go to Menu, Settings, Updates and disable Inactivity Standby and see if that corrects the issue....

Thanks I have disabled Standby. It was set for 4 hrs. FYI, just before I had a chance to repost here the Joey rebooted again. This time it took only about 25 min.

My parents use a Joey off one of our Hoppers. Mom has complained that it will reboot after an hour or so while listening to Pandora. Haven't seen it myself and have not had a problem with it while listening via the Hopper. I'll have to see if it does it with one of the other Joeys.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I will be doing homework all day tomorrow in my office, where I have a little 32" tv. I'll try it tomorrow and see what's up, while I listen to my George strait station. Sounds like an interesting problem to have.

Yep, Pandora caused my Joey to reboot after about 45 minutes yesterday.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem.. It only happens on my Joey not my hopper. It restarts my Joey and I have to restart Pandora. Hope we get it fixed
soon, I use it everyday.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had the app crash once on my Joey. The Joey didn't reset but just went back to TV. All I had to do was go back to the app and it worked fine. Other than that I've never had an issue with Pandora on any of my Hoppers or Joeys.

resurrecting and old thread here... I never had this problem before... but just recently one of my 3 joeys started to crash every time I try to use the Pandora app. the other 2 don't crash... ??? any suggestions?

I think that issue has been going on a very long time, but no one has been able to reproduce it other than the complaints from. Sat guys. I'm sure it has something to do with a specific configuration or router or isp or something that isn't a common setup.

I just discovered something similar on my Hopper. The difference is that the I can no longer watch TV or recordings. The system doesn't reboot on its own, but that might be because of PTAT. A reboot always fixes it though. I thought it was my internal hard drive, but it only happens when I have Pandora on for a long time. I'll watch to see if it is 45 minutes in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)