Pandora

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Since it's an option on Hopper, figured OK to post about it.

Anybody think it's as lame as I do?

I have several channels I created from artist/bands from the sixties and EARLY seventies. But, no matter, you get all the same songs because the years released. Spend more time thumbing down than listening. For example, right now, as I'm typing, "CREAM RADIO is playing A live version of Here Comes The Sun...Harrison. Not what I had in mind for CREAM type music..

Oh well, not a big thing at all, just not what they would like you to think it is.

Also, some time you can navigate trough it, sometimes you're stuck where you start at. Never have that problem via Roku.

Last edited:
In what way KAB? I have both scenarios and use both. They both work pretty much the same for me....

About 50% of the time, I simply can't move through it on the Hopper. Stuck where it opens up.

The times I had issues with Pandora, it ended up being some sort of network issue on my end. Rebooting my router corrected it for me.

That could be the answer as to why I don't seem to have an issue, ever. I am hardwired to my Hopper....

I use Pandora at work on my desktop computer (Windows 7) and on the Hopper, and the mix of artists and songs seems exactly the same to me. In fact, if I "thumbs up" a track on the Hopper, it instantly updates on the desktop site. Seems very seamless to me.

I use Pandora at work on my desktop computer (Windows 7) and on the Hopper, and the mix of artists and songs seems exactly the same to me. In fact, if I "thumbs up" a track on the Hopper, it instantly updates on the desktop site. Seems very seamless to me.
Not my issue.

Funny you mentioned, started playing with Raditaz on iPhone. MUCH better than Pandora in terms of what I expect from a "station". Will check out slacker, too.

Other than a couple minor (half second or so) delays when 'waking' the program from long sessions it's been rather responsive. Interface on my Panasonic TV is better but now I dont have to switch inputs etc on my processor. The saved button click means Hopper wins. As for Pandora as an application, I like it but I've noticed older/more obsecure station choices have either more unsimilar genre songs or similar songs but less songs which it'll cycle through before repeating.

For example, right now, as I'm typing, "CREAM RADIO is playing A live version of Here Comes The Sun...Harrison. Not what I had in mind for CREAM type music..

The Pandora "Music Genome Project" picks songs for your channels not just using the criterion of how much alike the music is, but also with connections between artists. Eric Clapton and George Harrison worked and played together (both musically and otherwise!) for many years, even sharing the same woman ("Layla," anyone?). It's not surprising at all that those two would be on the same Pandora channel.
Brad

The Pandora "Music Genome Project" picks songs for your channels not just using the criterion of how much alike the music is, but also with connections between artists. Eric Clapton and George Harrison worked and played together (both musically and otherwise!) for many years, even sharing the same woman ("Layla," anyone?). It's not surprising at all that those two would be on the same Pandora channel.
Brad
Makes sense, but don't like it. I've spent the last two days playing with Raditaz, as I mentioned earlier, on my iPhone and laptop, plugged into my sound system, and I like it much more. Interface aside (again far superior, an SO many more options), not nearly as many "divides". I sincerely recommend it . Maybe someday for the Hopper.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)