Pansat 1000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
hello,
I have Pansat 1000 (fairly old), but it is digital i think!! I'm running a C-Band dish, can I run a KU band dish (33 inch)?

I'm trying to catch the Portuguese international channel RTPI.

I lood through the satellites in the menu of the sat receiver, and I could not find the AMC 4 sat that I'm suppose to catch it with.

Can anyone help me?

thank you

The receiver will work for both C-Band and KU band signals. If it does not have the correct satellite name try using any satellite that you do not use right now.

(Of course you will need a KU LNBF if you do not have one)

How would i do that?

do I just point it in the direction of the dish that I want??? In the menu, it has the listings of all the sats, but the one that I want is AMC 4, I believe!!!

any ideas?

I have one too. The sat names are just place holders. You should be able to program anyone for any sat. You just need to know the freq and SR of each transponer for a give sat.

Good luck.

nigel_miguel said:
hello,
I have Pansat 1000 (fairly old), but it is digital i think!! I'm running a C-Band dish, can I run a KU band dish (33 inch)?
I'm trying to catch the Portuguese international channel RTPI.
I lood through the satellites in the menu of the sat receiver, and I could not find the AMC 4 sat that I'm suppose to catch it with.
Can anyone help me?
thank you

for KU its on AMC4

12169 freq
H polarity
3003 symbol rate

for aiming purposes, use 11822 H 5700...ungodly (no pun intended) signal (its 3 Angles Network) :)

"for aiming purposes, use 11822 H 5700...ungodly (no pun intended) signal (its 3 Angles Network)"

I don't know what you mean by the above, sorry still fairly new to this FTA stuff..

3 Angels Network is also on AMC4 and the signal is VERY strong...so to aim the Dish at AMC4, I would use the above to get close to the signal and then use the info for RTPI to fine tune it in

3 Angels is at
11822 frequency
H polarity
5700 symbol rate

RTPI is at
12169 freq
H polarity
3003 symbol rate

Status
Please reply by conversation.