Pansat 2500a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Would you buy a pansat 2500a for 50 dollars?

I know that´s a old device (actually I have a 2700a & 3500SD) but I want it for getting AMC3... What do you recommend? Still is it good for true FTA?

Thanks...

I had the Pansat 2500 and the 3500, they are pretty much alike, component out on the 3500, rca on the 2500. It does a nice blind scan but if you just want it for amc3 it should be fine. Of course you won't be able to watch PBS HD with it. As for the $50 price, well, I wouldn't pay any more than that, there are other newer receivers you can get for the same or less.

I agree with starman on this one. I have a 2500 and it is the most stable workhorse I have in a satellite box. If you are concerned about the price, you may find others cheaper, but if you want one that has good blind scan and motor support, $40-50 would do you fine in that category.

I have the little brother (Pansat 1500...same as 2500 but no AC-3 and no s-video) and its a workhorse.

One drawback is the blind scan is PAINFULLY slow...especially on C-band. Scan a C-Band sat and go grab a drink, drink it, have a smoke, do some laundry, etc and maybe it will get done

no lie it takes 10-15 minutes to scan through C-Band on the 1500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)