Pansat 2500a

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Would you buy a pansat 2500a for 50 dollars?

I know that´s a old device (actually I have a 2700a & 3500SD) but I want it for getting AMC3... What do you recommend? Still is it good for true FTA?

Thanks...

I had the Pansat 2500 and the 3500, they are pretty much alike, component out on the 3500, rca on the 2500. It does a nice blind scan but if you just want it for amc3 it should be fine. Of course you won't be able to watch PBS HD with it. As for the $50 price, well, I wouldn't pay any more than that, there are other newer receivers you can get for the same or less.

I agree with starman on this one. I have a 2500 and it is the most stable workhorse I have in a satellite box. If you are concerned about the price, you may find others cheaper, but if you want one that has good blind scan and motor support, $40-50 would do you fine in that category.

I have the little brother (Pansat 1500...same as 2500 but no AC-3 and no s-video) and its a workhorse.

One drawback is the blind scan is PAINFULLY slow...especially on C-band. Scan a C-Band sat and go grab a drink, drink it, have a smoke, do some laundry, etc and maybe it will get done

no lie it takes 10-15 minutes to scan through C-Band on the 1500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)