Pansat Pansat 2700A with Lesea Channels 7 and 8?

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I have a Pansat 2700A that is only used for dish pointing and alignment purposes. I noticed the other day when I tried to update the Lesea channels on 4000H 26400 on 99W, it doesn't find channels 7 and 8 that were the last ones added sometime ago. Is there something in the PIDS or PCR data the old MPEG2 receiver can't determine?

I didn't think they were H.264. I tried a manual PID search that came up blank also. Rescans just bring back 1-6.

My other modern receivers have no problem with them, I was just thinking about what the difference is with the old Pansat.

No such luck, I even deleted the others and rescanned and only 1-6 come back. It doesn't really matter since most of the time this box is in the garage on a shelf. Mainly my curiosity gave me something to do.

I pulled out my Pansat 9200HD and that found them as expected. I wrote down the PCR data for each channel in the mux and when time permits I'll try a manual PID scan. I noticed the PCR and V PIDS are different on these channels. The other day I put in the V PIDS and PCR data as the same value and last night noticed that they're different in this case after trying the 9200 that finds the channels normally. My newer receivers do not list the PCR data that I've noticed. Probably little reason to do so.

It was nostalgic looking back at the channel list the 9200 had in it. Many old favorites long gone from FTA like KDEV, KCSG and the RTN affiliates from 123W. Still had MeTV and thisTV on 103W, the old mpeg2 PBS that this box could get without the optional DVB-S2 8PSK board and the local terrestrial channels that have changed in the past few years.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts