PanSat 3500 Antenna Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdsreno

Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
Reno, NV
Hello all,

New to the Pansat 3500 and I have a question. I have setup my Pansat 3500 salved to a 4dtv DSR922 with C and Ku off a KTI 10' dish and it appears to work fine. When I got to the Antenna setup menu of the 3500 I see a list of satellites and some of the names match up to the 4Dtv list and some do not. Is there a list somewhere that shows how the 3500 satellite names match up to the 4Dtv satellite names, or a list of the locations for the 3500 names so I can match them up? :confused:

Best bet would be to go to lyngsat.com and pull names and locations from there... however, in 2007 a whole bunch of satellites are getting yet another new name. I personally renamed the satellites in my pansat with location + name... so it'd be stuff like "123 g10r"... For the ones below 100, I put a zero in front.. for instance "030 Hispasat". That way, if you sort by satellite it's in order from east to west or vice versa. I did this editing in Channel Master after saving a channel list bin to sd card. If you don't have sd card, go and get one! Wal-Mart has some special going on around here where you can get a 1 gig card for 17 bucks! :)

Thanks, I did not think of that. Does this effect the scaning features after the antenna has been setup with the new name in the Antenna setup screen?

you could rename them like the 4DTV. I know of people who did that

So instead of G10-C and G10-KU they had G0 and X0

just go into antenna setup, then edit satellite/tp, select a satellite and rename. Please note you can't have the satellite set up already and rename it from the box. But you could use ChannelMaster to do that :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blind Scanning vs Lyngsat Freq's - Close Enough?

BBC broadcasts over ku band in North America?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts