Blind Scanning vs Lyngsat Freq's - Close Enough?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I've done enough blind scanning that I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to get that image burned into my tv screen :)

One things I've noticed is that the frequencies that come up on the blind scan as well as the symbol rates are really close at times to what is on the Lyngsat site, some times it is bang on. How close is close enough?

What got me thinking about this is that the audio on the Talkstar Network in IA7 seems to be a bit static filled on my receiver. I looked at the frequency that came up in the blind search, and I compared them to what is on Lyngsat's site, and I saw that they were close, but not quite right on. I haven't tried changing my frequency by the 1 Mhz difference yet, but does anybody think that it would make a difference?

I'm starting to save my penny's to buy a Fortec Mercury II with the option to pick the frequency intervals of the blind scan etc :)

It won't really make a difference. Being 1-2 MHz off is a function of the stability of the lnb.

My Coolsat is routinely 1-2 MHz off and I still receive everything I want. :)

WOW, creepy, but I was thinking of pretty much the exact same question on the way home tonight. My stuff is usally slightly off from lyngsat and global-cm, but I never have reception problems.

same here. When I scan ONN on SBS6, it seems to hit either 11740 or 11741 on most of the boxes.

Some non scan boxes it seems like you have to be bang on for it to work. KWTO on G10 (12103 V 2222) I have to dink with the frequency on an older box to get it to work. Yet the Coolsat hits right on every time (12103)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)