Pansat 3500--time for a reset?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
I'm having a rather annoying problem with my Pansat3500.

I'm often switching between T5 and G3 (wife likes the Chinese channels) and eventhough they are a few milimeters apart it seems, every so often the dish goes back to 'reference position' and the whole process has to start from scratch. Sometimes it just goes to 'reference position' and sits there for good.

I'm wondering if I should try to upgrade the firmware to pansat's latest release and/or a factory restart, or is this more of an aiming / signal strength kind of problem.

It's pretty frequent now--50% of the times I change between the channels. If this is just 'the way it is with the Pansat' I might even consider a second fixed dish.

I would bring motor back to refrence postion and make sure really at position not bit off then and only then start fresh by factory ressetting it.
Do not forget to also factory reset motor as well check in your motor user manual for information.
If that does solve it bring the motor back to refrence again try firmware upgrade.

RtpiFan :)

I get similar problems with Usals now and then - seems to only be an issue for me if I use Favorite Menu to jump from one channel on one satellite to another channel on another satellite. Sometimes it'll reposition ok. Othertimes it won't. I usually can get around it by either channel surfing without favorite jumps or favorite jump and then channel surf and up or down til I'm off the bird and then go back to it. Seems like if I channel surf the reciever somehow has to tell the motor to move when it hits a spot between two satellites but if I use favs it doesn't always send the message.

If that doesn't solve it (which it usually does), I flip the switch on the back and all is well again.

Last edited:
I think it is a signal quality issue that causes the jump. I had the problem with a slightly off kilter tripod (after the winter) and fixing that did the trick until recently.

But today I noticed a low handing branch might very well be messing with my signal. The saw comes out tomorrow...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)