Pansat 3500s and the AC3 decoding?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapster

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
This appears to be a great forum and I am happy to become a new member. Thanks to you all that manages the forum and to all that gives advice etc.

I recently bought a Pansat 3500s and hooked it up to my Sony home theatre system via the S/pdif from the pansat to the sony's satellite optical in (one of 4 optical inputs provided) I set the input as fixed Optical for this on the Sony HT Receiver. However, it only seems to be receiving stereo signal. I have a good quality optical cable which works with other devices. I was wondering if this Pansat sends through a dolby 5.1 signal with some movie material etc. Should I be getting the signals as true 5.1? My sony HT system decodes in all formats Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, dts, dts ES etc. This is a Sony STR DA7ES Receiver, and I would very much like to receive the 5.1 from movies.
Please if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear from you.
I have this Pansat through the Component out to my 60in TV and the Picture is as good or better than DVD quality with some material. Now all thats missing is my Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound.

thanks again

This appears to be a great forum and I am happy to become a new member. Thanks to you all that manages the forum and to all that gives advice etc.
Welcome :wave

I recently bought a Pansat 3500s and hooked it up to my Sony home theatre system via the S/pdif from the pansat to the sony's satellite optical in (one of 4 optical inputs provided) I set the input as fixed Optical for this on the Sony HT Receiver. However, it only seems to be receiving stereo signal. I have a good quality optical cable which works with other devices. I was wondering if this Pansat sends through a dolby 5.1 signal with some movie material etc. Should I be getting the signals as true 5.1? My sony HT system decodes in all formats Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, dts, dts ES etc. This is a Sony STR DA7ES Receiver, and I would very much like to receive the 5.1 from movies.
Please if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear from you.
I have this Pansat through the Component out to my 60in TV and the Picture is as good or better than DVD quality with some material. Now all thats missing is my Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound

I think the AC-3 output on most stations is stereo only. I know on the PBS stations it is not 5.1 (I think its Dolby 2 channel or something like that). I don’t kniow all the technical terms but someone will chime in with the technical aspect of it.
All I do know is you need to use the AC-3 output for the PBS stations and a couple Spanish stations on Galaxy 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)