pansat 9200: differences in 8PSK cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgabriels

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
columbia, mo
What is the difference between the available 8PSK boards?
I believe I found 3 different kinds:

ILLUMINATI $85shipped on ebay.
NINJA $90shipped on ebay.
DVB-S2 8PSK Module $180 from gosatellite.

I found from a different thread that there are basically 3 different
protocols:

8psk dvb-s2
8psk turbo-fec
8psk trellis

Which boards support which protocols?
Are there any legitimate FTA signals that use trellis or turbo-fec?
Obviously the half price modules on ebay look attractive, but I was
wondering if either of them would actually work.

Go to One second please. and study their list of authorized PANSAT outlets.

These companies will sell legal hardware that has the technical support of Panarex Electronics.

Get it anywhere else and there may be legal as well as operational or compatibility issues.

Professionally speaking, the price is almost doubled, because of the new hype of a transition to 8PSK. The LG tuner $30...50 and PCB for $10 with $20 parts is not worth $60 margin.

You can get the DVB-S2 board here for $135 + $10 shipping. It's not an authorized dealer as far as I can tell, but it's someone I would trust as much as I trust SatelliteAV or Sadoun, which is saying a lot. I guess it comes down to whether you want a warranty and official support or not.

You can get the DVB-S2 board here for $135 + $10 shipping. It's not an authorized dealer as far as I can tell, but it's someone I would trust as much as I trust SatelliteAV or Sadoun, which is saying a lot. I guess it comes down to whether you want a warranty and official support or not.

I second this. Rick has been a pleasure to do business with. When I had problems with the DVB-S2 board pre-installed in my 9200HD, he promptly replaced it. I'd certainly buy from him again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)