Visionsat 200 with DiSEqC 1.2 issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
OK, this has me baffled and I was hoping this is an issue with others. First I bought my box from an Ebay seller who had about 80 "New" receivers for sale. The receiver looked new, the box looked new, the receiver even had the film cover on the display - so it looks new. The firmware was 1.15. I updated to the latest firmware but the same issue happens even with the update.

I have the Visionsat connected to a GBox 3000 to move my BUD which has the BCS-621 C/Ku LNBF. For some reason, I can only get the dish to move when I select certain frequencies. It doesn't matter if it's C-Band or Ku / Horizontal or Verticle - some frequencies will cause the dish to move east and west while other selected frequencies will not move the dish.

This is not a huge problem if the frequency happens to be one that contains a quality signal, but sometimes the only frequency that allows the dish to move is one that has no quality signal. I have to move the the a little bit, and then select a known frequency that should appear with a quality signal. It's a real pain to locate satellites this way, and once they are programmed into the Gbox, I won't have to deal with this anymore, but it's still a pain.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Last edited:
I'm having a similar problem. I picked up one of these as my Fortec Lifetime Ultra is in need of repair, and the DiSEqC 1.2 is driving me nuts.

I get the exact same problem where I think I've set everything up, and stored the position. But then I change the frequency on the same satellite and the dish just starts moving East. Annoying!

I guess you're supposed to use USALS with this thing, but want to use DiSEqC 1.2 gosh darnit! :p

You know, come to think of it, a Conaxsat Nano I also tried out was doing the same thing where changing the frequency caused the dish to suddenly motor Eastward. In order to get AMC4 back, I had to plug in my FLU, let it move the SG-2100, then unplug it before the power supply started acting up and move the coax to the other receiver. Yeah, ghetto ingenuity.

Thankfully this system is dedicated to one channel. But, man, it'd be nice to know how DiSEqC 1.2 works on the Visionsat. You'd think it'd be based on the satellite and not on randomly sorted transponder frequencies.

Last edited:
The firmware was 1.15. I updated to the latest firmware but the same issue happens even with the update.

- some frequencies will cause the dish to move east and west while other selected frequencies will not move the dish.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

You're not the only one experiencing this , because of a recent thread on HD recordings transfered to PC on thumbdrive and the so many great reviews from the past I also decided to buy Visionsat IV-200 and most likely from the same seller.

Make an offer price of $80 and stb arrived yesterday so today I plugged it in and saw the same software version 1.15 (NORW:eek:) , ok so I already knew that name from the 2 years of being a proud Coolsat 5k owner , Norwest is the eyepatch gang who releases the updated files.

My STAB HH-100 has backlash problems and our 65 degree day in the windy city with big time wind gust didn't help at all so I decided to use disecq 1.2 for the positioner and try to tweak quality so I could play w/blindscan since every wind gust would sway the dish and scanning occured on intervals of being locked on quality signal , but my motor started to have a mind of it's own and soon the dish was going from limit to limit , I did flash the stb w/ original software but I also think that there is a problem after the reset.

I'll experiment some more tomorrow and follow up.

They should have used any factory firmware revision, but Hack: 1.15 is over a year old.
That would be ancient, in this regard... at least according to my research.

I remember my first one came with 1.0 or 1.01 or some such initial rev.
I had trouble getting it to read the USB to install new factory firmware, and wound up programming it via the serial port that first time.
Whether that was a bug or my impatience, I'll never know. :rolleyes:
Point being, 1.15 won't -do- anything, and may have cleaned up some initial bugs.

I think Factory: 1.40 is current.
It's listed in the Visionsat IV-200 review thread, for direct download.
edit: the factory site has 1.20 original, and 1.45 update available for download.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.