Pansat 9200 HD PVR limited???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
I have a question about the PVR funtionality, I'm using a Seagate 500 Gb HDD in an ESATA enclosure, the HDD is about 2/3 full to it's capacity leaving lots of room for more recordings but for some reason the firmware limits the recordings to only 200 recordings regardless of the large HDD capacity, does anybody know why this is and is there a solution to expanding the recording count to exceed 200?

sounds like a bug...

Thanks Iceberg, by your reply, are you saying that you have successfully recorded more than 200 recordings on your's? And if so, can you tell us what particular eSATA/HDD hardware you are using?

Furthermore, If you have not been limited to 200 recordings, then can you be more specific about your comment because I can't think of any bug being anywhere other than in the firmware because the PVR works just fine otherwise, the only problem is the 200 recording limitation, this doesn't sound like a bug to me, it sounds like the firmware logically.

I never had the HDD on my 9200 when I owned one. I dont think the software was even capable at the time. I sold my 9200 when they started with PVR software (and all the issues with it)

I was just pointing out it must be a limitation bug. I know on my azbox I have more than 200 listings on a 320GB drive right now...thats the drawback of the azbox putting files at 4GB max so some 2 hour programs will have 7 files yet another one has only 1 ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)