Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Had an odd one happen to me 2 days ago, my pansat 9200 power supply board had some issues then appeared to bubble and melt a bit. Anyways, it's toast but Pansat is replacing it/repairing it for free, but it's gonna take 2-3 weeks etc. Luckily my daughter noticed the odd smell and asked me what is was so maybe we caught it before something worse happened.

I didn't take any pics unfortunately, but it was not a single component, it was various parts of the board on the power supply side. Just looked like someone held a lighter under them until they bubbled up.

Anyways while that is out of service, I did manage to get a visionsat iv200 for $79, so based on everything I have read, I think I will be very happy until my Panny returns.

yeah, crazy for sure. Thing was, the box wasn't even warm really. This unit is in our basement TV room where it's always cool. Honestly just looks like a odd electrical failure, but like I said, to pansat's credit, they promptly issued an RMA and all I am paying is shipping to them ($12 USPS with Del Conf).

If it's any comfort, one of the better warantee experiences I've ever had was with Pansat.

Good Luck, Eric

Ouch, sorry to hear that, hopefully it will get all sorted fast.

Hey thanks guys. Pansat seemed very responsive to me and eager to make me happy. I did put a small mark on a couple parts of the receiver to see if I get any original stuff back or if they just ship me a new one.

Got my receiver back from Pansat today. Well, not my receiver, but a brand new in box 9200. Very cool of them to just replace it.

Back up an running.

Glad you got it back..!!!
I need to contact them or somebody to get my Pansat 3500s fixed, the Remote Control isn't working. I'm stuck on G10/G18 ku, cause I can't use the remote to change sats, and the controls on the front won't allow me in the Menu's without numbers, and I can't give it numbers without the Remote? I suppose if you have to be stuck somewhere, can't think of a better place..? I'm also thinking about getting a 9200, so I'm sort of in a "Can't make up my mind mode"?

Are you asking me Claude? I've had my Pansat 3500s for over 3 years and it's my second favorite receiver, behind my Qualitv. It's been a real good receiver, and it's still good if I watch G10/G18 ku. I'm more than sure it's not a clone, I'm equaly sure it's out of Warranty. But I don't really know what the warranty is for the Pansat? I'm just as sure Pansat will know, and hopefully treat me right if it's still under warranty.

Sure it wasn't a clone?

Well, I bought it from a pansat autorized dealer a couple months after it came out. I wasn't aware of any 9200 clones out at the time, nor have I heard of any out now.

Either way, all it cost me was $11 to ship it in for repairs and they shipped me a brand new one in return.

Of course now that I have been playing with the visionsat I got on the cheap, I really wish pansat would get the PVR working on the 9200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts