Pansat 9200HD connections on the back

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lollonais

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Hi there,
I am pretty new to the whole Sat world. I got my 9200 and fiddling with it cant seem to see the mpeg2 HD free channels. I know I dont need the module for these, so I looked on the back and I see there is a ATSC input. From the 8psk info page, we are supposed to loop from the IF output to the new module input. SO my question is, do I have to do the same for the ATSC input to see HD?
Thanks.

Arent local channels? boy am I confused. This is too much hazzle, I am returning this thing. Too much money and not a single HD channel. Now you are telling me there is only one channel and not even answering my question, so I guess this thing is crap without the module. Going back to comcast I guess and get the Smart Card.

Are you looking for OTA HD? There is an antenna input on the box for OTA. There are 3 connections on the back (coax)
-sat in
-loop out
-antenna in (for OTA)

Maybe if you explain your antenna and LNB set up...

Everyone can help. BUD (C/KU band mesh dish). Solid KU type dish. There are C Band HD FTA programs and you can find HD sports backhauls, too. Plus, with an OTA antenna, you can get the local channels.

Before you give up, the "experts" like Iceberg can help you if you explainyour set up a little.

Also, the receiver you have decodes AC# audio, which is a plus on SD channels in AC#.

Hi there,
I am pretty new to the whole Sat world. I got my 9200 and fiddling with it cant seem to see the mpeg2 HD free channels. I know I dont need the module for these, so I looked on the back and I see there is a ATSC input. From the 8psk info page, we are supposed to loop from the IF output to the new module input. SO my question is, do I have to do the same for the ATSC input to see HD?
Thanks.

You need to connect an OTA (television) antenna to the ATSC input.

Thanks guys. I dont want to sound rude, but it is frustrating. I know I should leave it to the experts, but I like to learn. But seriously, sometimes I think my calculus IV class was easier. Anyway, my friend hooked it up. He is the one that told me to get this receiver. He also told me to get the dish 1000, something about the echos. Well, I got the echos except one, the 3. He also gave me a list of the HD from Lyngsat website. He said that some of the HD that are no 8psk and are mpeg2 can be seen and that dont have a $ sign. He said most will be local feeds. I did the blind scans, got some tps but all are 480p. So now you guys tell me that I have to get a Over The Air antenna and hook it up to the receiver. So whats with the Dish 1000 then? Will I always get 480p channels just like I did with Comcast? Again sorry if I sound like an ogre.

Thanks guys. I dont want to sound rude, but it is frustrating. I know I should leave it to the experts, but I like to learn. But seriously, sometimes I think my calculus IV class was easier. Anyway, my friend hooked it up. He is the one that told me to get this receiver. He also told me to get the dish 1000, something about the echos. Well, I got the echos except one, the 3. He also gave me a list of the HD from Lyngsat website. He said that some of the HD that are no 8psk and are mpeg2 can be seen and that dont have a $ sign. He said most will be local feeds. I did the blind scans, got some tps but all are 480p. So now you guys tell me that I have to get a Over The Air antenna and hook it up to the receiver. So whats with the Dish 1000 then? Will I always get 480p channels just like I did with Comcast? Again sorry if I sound like an ogre.

With a dish 1000 you will see very few FTA channels. That sized dish is only good for Dish Network subscription. You need at least a 31" dish for fta, larger is better.

(Note - NO HACK TALK ALLOWED)

lollonais,

Please read the rules.
Appears you are at the wrong forum for the answers you are seeking.

I am sorry guys. I am not trying to hack. I just think my friend got me to spend all this money for nothing. I did some search, apparently on the angle that I am pointing ( I guessed from the numbers or the dish) I can probably get Galaxy 10R, AMC 4, BSAT 2A, Anik F2. I'll try them and see if its worth the money. I dont want to spend hundreds more for a larger dish with a motor.

You don't need a motor, but it's nice to have one.

I hope you understand that a Dish 1000 (Even if you attach the correct LNB) is too small to receive FTA programing, it will be a waste of time attempting to aim at those satellites.

Good luck.

Then this thing will be for sale. Thanks all for yous help. I'm getting the smartcard from Comcast.

I can see you are sincere...

Basically, what everyone is telling you is that you will not find the HD channels you want with an FTA receiver and a small stationary DISH dish.

On this site, we do not want hackers. So any time someone sees that someone has only a DISH dish and an FTA receiver, they will suspect the person who posts the question of having an interest hacking.

There are two categories of people who ask questions @ FTA receivers and DISH type dishes: hackers and people who do not know that you cant legitimately receive FTA broadcasts with such a small dish.

So you are aware, DISH and DIRECTV are encrypted. You cannot get their programming (HD or otherwise) with a legitimate FTA receiver.

So you don't feel bad, awhile back, I asked what I could get with a DIRECTV dish and lnb (since I have one laying around) at a time when I did not know that you could not get anything. You have to ask to learn.

Perhaps the person who hooked you up with the receiver can hook you up with motorized dish. True FTA is a lot of fun.

You can get a lot of College Sports in HD and SD, once you get the hang of it.

It takes time and some trial and error but its fun.

Alternatively, get yourself a less expensive receiver (SD only) and a motorized KU dish and you can get the RTN's on Galaxy 10.

Yes, get a 33" dish and motor. You will find several HD sports feeds on weekends on Ku band sats. I have a 9200 and it controls the motor pretty good. (about as good as my old Pansat 2700a does) And the Blindscan (called Smart Scan now) works great. It's a bit on the expensive side(but not as expensive as some HD receivers that don't do blindscan or motor control well, if at all) but, the quaility of the HD & SD video out of it is pretty impressive.
If you have room for a C-band dish (BUD- Big Ugly Dish) there are even more FTA HD feeds to be found.
Personally, I think that there will be more and more HD FTA channels in the future. (well, that's what I told the wife :)
So, the 9200 was not a bad investment at all. (not to mention I got it at a good price)
grusome

If you want the HD on C-Band and are worried about the cost of a big dish, don't worry. You can usually snag one for free by driving around and looking for people who have them up from the '80s and early '90s that don't want them anymore. Usually, you can get these dishes for free if you can take them down and transport them. You can find all the tech support to get it up and running here :)

I don't think anyone here needs to feel guilty about asking a simple question or two to validate that the person asking is not seeking hack advice. If the person if truly interested in FTA, then it will become apparent right away.

I can see now that this person was likely sincere, but misinformed. Anyone with no post count who hits the board asking about free channels and has already invested big money in equipment without knowing what it's capable of is, is suspicious in my eyes. I understand most of the ins and outs of FTA and yet I'm still not ready to put down the cash required to get a receiver like the 9200. But like I said, there's no point in calling a person a hacker until it's obvious.

In the same way, if the person is not patient enough to allow a bit of banter on the board to get the answers he needs, then perhaps FTA is not the right hobby for him. We can all attest to the patience that FTA requires.

Anyway, lollonais no harm meant at all. If you do decide to stick with FTA and learn as you go, you'll find it to be a rewarding hobby. To clarify two things though, there is no such thing as local channels in the FTA satellite realm, and some HD hidden feeds require a PC because the video will not display on your 9200. They are called 4:2:2 feeds.

Thanks Kymics for your words. After a serious talk with my "friend" he explained to me the whole kaboodle. I got a generous offer from one of your members of $100 for my receiver, ha! I was going to say something but rather not. And Grusome, my wife is not so understanding. I will give a try to what Tron said, probably some rusted out motor and mesh falling apart dish. At least thats all I have seen round here. I am patient but truly, I think I jumped the gun on this one. I am no innovator when it comes to technology and I aint a survivor either. So to spend money on something that I may or may not use and it will take a while to master, not my cup of tea. I would have rather put 4:10 gears on my truck than to buy this. Thanks all for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts