Pansat 9500 HDX new s2 reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Pansat has a new HD s2 receiver out that might be of interest to the C-band crowd that needs a lnb skew polarizer controller. I am really excited to see how this receiver compares to the Openbox S9 / S10 or the Manhattan.

link to website

Last edited:
Well, you could buy one and tell us, Jullius ! :) You bought something from me once, might have been the TT-3200 pci card . Therefore, I know you've got the bucks ! :) I only sell to the elite ! :)
LOL

I'm think about buying one. I'll certainly post a review if I do. This kind of reminds me of the time I posted about the NBC mux on 72W to the WUT forum thinking I'd just discovered something new. doh!

Well, you could buy one and tell us, Jullius ! :) You bought something from me once, might have been the TT-3200 pci card . Therefore, I know you've got the bucks ! :) I only sell to the elite ! :)
LOL

While I am not in the market, I am very curious about the Pansat 9500HDX. So I am watching to see a report from someone who has used the unit.

Looks like an openbox with polorotor control added. Most of these newer boxes look like they are based on the openbox.

and a price tag of 249.00

actually there is a seller that has them for 220 with free shipping and a free UHF remote which is kinda nice

Looks like an openbox with polorotor control added. Most of these newer boxes look like they are based on the openbox.
More like a Manhattan with polorotor added, due to the increased memory (4MB vs. 2MB) for satellites and channels.

I have one.. got it about month ago for 196.. I would have jumped on the uhf remote offer too. Never the less I did not and I just have the box....

I like It alot (I've had an Openbox S9) things I've noticed so far:

It seems be very close in menu structure. (same colors as a panst 4500 )
There is stuttering on reelz and abc feeds.
Has more of a north america feel to the menus (more logical titles)
Navigating through channels it much nicer than the S9
It appears to be made in Korea (not china)
I like the motor contols 1.2 and 1.3 work well

I really have not put it trough a full work out yet. So I may be missing stuff.

The Pansats have the same menu structure for years now....my 1500 that was made in 03 probably has the same menu as the 9500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)