Universal Sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I read on another board that Universal Sports has notified its broadcast affiliates that it's going to cease operations on January 1st.

I guess I don't need to worry about when SES-3 is going to fix the skew problem at 103 now.

The last article I saw on universal sports said it was going away from the subchannel market and looking for premium cable/sat carriage agreements.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So does this mean Universal Sports will no longer be available on AMC - 18 / 105.0W / Tp H 3780 on C Band? Those NBC East & West HD channels are also great on Tp H 3780.

So does this mean Universal Sports will no longer be available on AMC - 18 / 105.0W / Tp H 3780 on C Band?

that would be my guess. It's already distributed on a cable bird for their dbs/cable distribution (encrypted) so no need to use the NBC distribution channels when you don't have mostly NBC stations needing a convenient way to grab it for their digital multicast channel.

With the rebranding of Versus as NBCSports in January, wonder if Universal will be packaged with NBCSports as NBCSports2. At least they will probably try to package them in future carriage agreements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)