Pansat PM900 and Digipower SG2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perazzimx15l

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Usa
I have a Pansat PM900 and a Digipower SG2100 and i am able with the pansat PM900 to get all of the satellites in fine and when i put up the Digipower SG2100 motor with a azure shine dish i can not get it to track the ark in a proper way. when i have the Pansat PM900 motor setup i have 42 for the motor and 40 for th dish and with the Digipower SG2100 have 42 for motor and 23 for dish. I got the Digipower motor used and i am wondering if someone can post up some pictures with a Digipower motor with a 90CM Azure shine Dish and i use a 2 3/8 polw for mounting. ( I did Not get a book with this motor.):rolleyes:

My location is 79N 42W

I take it you can lock you True South Sat with the SG2100?
If so, can you explain how it's not tracking - Motor overruns / underruns Sats, too High, too Low?

If the Pansat is working, why are you changing?

I am trying the sg2100to see if i can get a bettet angle to get 125w that i can not get with my pansat motor. I did not get a book with it and i am wondering where the az/el mount is to look like. When i go from my true south i get 95w showing up as 97w.

It happens :)

I take it you are located at 79 west? If so, looks like you would have to use 83 West for your True South Sat. Use USALS (be sure to enter exact Logn and Lat) to drive the Dish to 83 west, and peak on RTN TP.
Which TP are you using for 125 west?

I have a Pansat PM900 and a Digipower SG2100 and i am able with the pansat PM900 to get all of the satellites in fine and when i put up the Digipower SG2100 motor with a azure shine dish i can not get it to track the ark in a proper way. when i have the Pansat PM900 motor setup i have 42 for the motor and 40 for th dish and with the Digipower SG2100 have 42 for motor and 23 for dish. I got the Digipower motor used and i am wondering if someone can post up some pictures with a Digipower motor with a 90CM Azure shine Dish and i use a 2 3/8 polw for mounting. ( I did Not get a book with this motor.)

I'me assuming you have an offset dish. Set your motor to your latitude which is 42 degrees north. Based on your latitude your dish elevation should be 41.5 degrees not 23. Make sure your motor is in the center position and your dish is 90 degrees to the motor mount. Make sure your LNB is 90 degrees to your dish. Dishpointer.com will give you your true south compass reading and your southern most satellite. Set your dish to your true south using a compass. ( Be accurate with all your settings.) I don't know anything about a Pansat PM900 receiver but set it up using your southern most sat and pick USALS for your control. Enter in your longitude and latitude to the decimal point if allowed. The dish should automatically move to your southewrn sat. If you don't have a signal you can blind scan. once your have signal then fine tune the dish. Once this is done all other sat. programmed will automatically move to there positions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts