Pansat problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steveinmd

Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
I have a number of Pansat receivers, 2700's, and a few have the same problem...it goes like this.

I program a frequency and symbol rate and get a very strong signal. When I hit ok to receive the channel, the two windows appear (TV & Radio) and the bar at the bottom starts to "search". The problem is that it continues to search and never locks the channel that I know I have. I know how it's supposed to operate, I have a number of receivers that work fine. but these few wont lock in the channel.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Steve

I'd check the firmware on the non-op units.
Maybe reflash 'em with a known-good factory basic.
And also, do a factory reset, too.

What version do they have now?

I guess I should explain that I am a professional Satellite downlink &uplink guy. I use the FTA receivers for commercial downlinks. It's a different freq and satellite everytime so all I need is a receiver to input the freq and sr. I have not and, to be honest, don't know about downloading any info into the receiver because I am not using them for and established programming like Dish or DTV. I have little knowledge concerning firmware or re-flash. I have already done a factory reset. These receivers act fine but will not lock the signal.

Thanks

more info

Wel, how old are they?
Did these units ever work right?
Or, did you inherit a bunch and it turns out, some just don't operate properly?
How many work okay, and how many fail?
Have the units ever been exposed to any trauma? (lost in a hurricane, perhaps?) :eek:

I do know that some receivers take a while to log a channel especially if the channel doesn't have a name for it.

What I mean is some channels don't have an ID like "Service 1" or the actual channel name or even "SNG". Depedning on the box they log different ways. Example is Montana PBS on AMC3. It logs on the Coolsat as "12145 H AMC3" (basically gives me the transponder info)...but the Pansat 1500 I have will log it as "TV2" and takes about 2+ minutes to scan the channel in.

If you know the channel is there just scan and see what it does. It may take a couple minuutes for it to log in.

To my knowledge, these all work(ed) fine and came out of home environments. I have aquired about 8 units and 3 have this problem. The curious thing is that it's the same problem. Other than that they work fine. I thought there might be a specific Pansat problem that needs to be addressed. These units are no more than 2 years old...I think.

Thanks

Iceberg,

I have used these units with "no name" service and they act fine doing what you say "service 1", etc. I have found that some units react faster than others in locking in the service. In this case I have let them run for over 20 minutes but it just keeps scanning.

Thanks

OK, and what do I do with that info. Please note that I am on site at an analog downlink and I do not have the FTA receivers in front of me.

Thanks

Thank you for that info...do you think that will cure the problem or is that a basic "fix" that cures a vaiety if ills.?

It could fix the problem, the newer firmware should also have less bugs, I have had receivers act funny and after re-flashing the same firmware version the problem went away.

So hopefully it will fix your problem, Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts