Pappas stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Can anyone confirm that an agreement between Dish and the FOX (42) and WB (15) stations has been reached. These two stations are in the Omaha DMA and have not been on since locals came on about a year ago. I read somewhere in the last two weeks that a verbal agreement had been reached and that could be light up in Feb. I have searched for the statment to see if there was an update here and in other places on the Net along with the DISH and TV web sites. Have not found anything or the origianl stament I sat, don't remenber where. Does anyone have any insight on this? Both stations are Pappas owned stations and I think I know the story on the disgreement of some west cost station placments and the holdup that has created on all other stations for Dish placement.

Thanks

That provides a little more info on what I thought I had read somewhere else. Looks like good news for the Omaha markets too on Dish.

Verbal does not mean anything. If you look at the posts over they they came from there CSRs. Or Email CSRs. We know how much they know.

They probabably just heard from someone in the office that they were close.

In legal terms that just means they are still talking.

I would call the stations directly. Avoid Email.

And I would call every week and bug them about it.

Pappas has many stations.

A pasted Email from there Corporate Main Office station said they were not even close so there is a contradiction there.

I would call there main station office also.

Pappas is made up of many small town stations they may know understand that there advertisers are loosing out of AD Dollar power (in other words there customers can see the comercials).

I received a reply today to an email that I sent to one of the two Omaha Pappas stations last night. They confirmed in the reply that Pappas and Dish had reached an agreement late last week and that Dish was planning to bring the station on late this week or next week. This was in reference to the Omaha WB & Fox stations. I would assume that since the roadblock is gone that this will be the similar case in other areas that have locals but no Pappas stations included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts