Paramount+ Longitude and Latitude?

DJ Lon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Probably started about a week ago, but when I'd fire up Paramount+ on my Roku and would try to watch something there would be no audio for either the programming or previews (I have DD+ and all other apps work just fine). Exiting the app never solved the problem and sometimes I'd have to reboot the Roku itself multiple times to solve it.

Anyway, I got tired of fooling around with this issue (annoying when you click on something to watch it and no audio) so I just switched P+ to my FireTV. While I was setting it up I noticed the strangest thing: In settings > support there's a blank information box that says "longitude and latitude".

Might this be P+'s future way of joining Netflix's crusade of disliking password sharing?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Probably started about a week ago, but when I'd fire up Paramount+ on my Roku and would try to watch something there would be no audio for either the programming or previews (I have DD+ and all other apps work just fine). Exiting the app never solved the problem and sometimes I'd have to reboot the Roku itself multiple times to solve it.

Anyway, I got tired of fooling around with this issue (annoying when you click on something to watch it and no audio) so I just switched P+ to my FireTV. While I was setting it up I noticed the strangest thing: In settings > support there's a blank information box that says "longitude and latitude".

Might this be P+'s future way of joining Netflix's crusade of disliking password sharing?
I thought I would test that myself. When I went into my FireTV I saw the same thing. Next I sent to my AppleTV and instead of being blank it actually had my L & L. Then I went to my Roku and didn't see it at all in Support like the others but right beneath Support there is a Live TV selection. It gave me a choice of selecting my actual local CBS channel or trying something else. I didn't try that something else but I figured that is what L & L is for, to determine what DMA you are in based on the location of the device.

Reactions: TheKrell
I thought I would test that myself. When I went into my FireTV I saw the same thing. Next I sent to my AppleTV and instead of being blank it actually had my L & L. Then I went to my Roku and didn't see it at all in Support like the others but right beneath Support there is a Live TV selection. It gave me a choice of selecting my actual local CBS channel or trying something else. I didn't try that something else but I figured that is what L & L is for, to determine what DMA you are in based on the location of the device.
Oh I never thought of that.

Then again, The FireTV doesn't ask me to confirm my local channel like the Roku does; it's just there.

The Paramount+ app on my Sony TV has the Long and Lat fields as well but empty. Don’t think I have ever had a reason to visit there before so no idea if they are new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)