Paramount now HD DVD exclusive!

Oh yes, - I forgot about that $2,000 Denon player. But taking out a 2nd mortgage on the house just to buy a BD player ain't so easy these days. :rolleyes:

You have no basis for the "suitcases full of money" but there is plenty of basis for the money paid by M$.

That article on deadlinehollywood.com has already been heavily edited. It still talks about the alleged $50 mil for Paramount and $100 mil for Dreamworks, but no indication of the source. Anb Bill Hunt has already edited some of what he wrote, and pushed it off the 2 cents page completely to what he now calls and "editorial. Probably the result of the email he received from Amir, M$ VP -

FYI, I have sent email with super clear language to Bill Hunt to correct his blog. And signed it as an executive at Microsoft. Not sure what else to say beside this. Contrast this with how much information you have about any other deals going on with BD companies. Or how much questioning they have received....

You guys realize that is not Bill Hunt who is talking about the Spileberg movies. He is posting that quote from another article out of a LA weekly magazine. Follow the link and you'll see he lifted that quote just like he says in the article itself

What insult? HD DVD has done nothing that Sony has not already done. If anything its sony that has tried to kill off the medium with its exclusive deals. get over it and stop spreading the Sony BD FUD.

I agree. Blu-Ray Bill just figured how the world works. (see Stevens Alaskan Bridge To Nowhere)

I was about to go to bed last night, and then read this news, and i was no longer sleepy. I do not believe that it is a huge blow to BD, but it is definitely a blow. I guess my hopes of using one player for everything is gone for a while now. I might even go out and buy a standalone HD player, just because the 360 is too loud to watch a movie in peace on!

Paramount has a huge library of movies. It is a major blow to BD. ANd HD DVD has done nothing that Sony hasnt done from the day 1.

He does get pretty whipped up but I do agree with him on most points, don't you?

I don't agree with most of his points. He says the consumer has decided. The consumer DID NOT IN ANY WAY decide. Toshiba put out a product that worked day 1. Sony didn't and threw Samsung under the bus with their first player. Secondly they saturated the market with GAMING machines that had BD players in them so of course SOME people are going to buy discs but it is not the same as standalone players. I want to see disc sales to player ONLY people. Third, the only reason MGM, Fox and Disney are BD exclusive is because Sony bought MGM catalog rights and Fox & Disney are a bunch of cheapskates who are piracy nuts. When VCRs started taking off it was Disney and Universal (ironic) who sued Sony over their BETAMAX. They thought that they would be forced out of business because of duplicators. They believe that this new BD+ or BDJ or whatever is going to lock out the thieves permanently and they can charge whatever they want and control whatever they want. Wait for some kid in Russia to crack their hardware. That'll show them.

So to sum it up. No consumer voted with their wallets because 2 different credit cards are only accepted in 2 different sets of stores and only some of the stores take both.

This is huge for HD DVD. There is no doubt that they needed this in the worst way. The battle between the two formats has just been extended. And now this just added new life to my 360 add on. I'm looking foward to watching Shrek with my kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts