Paramount+....

Obviously I don't have any insider information, but I have my suspicions that we don't have a Hulu or Peacock app, and Paramount+ is restricted for the same reason: The owners are concerned that putting freshly aired content on Dish devices would hurt their leverage when it comes to carriage agreements for local channels.

Obviously I don't have any insider information, but I have my suspicions that we don't have a Hulu or Peacock app, and Paramount+ is restricted for the same reason: The owners are concerned that putting freshly aired content on Dish devices would hurt their leverage when it comes to carriage agreements for local channels.
Peacock is owned by Comcast, there is no way that Dish would want to put competition on their Hopper.

I subscribed to Peacock with their “early offer” price. Quite frankly, it was a yearly price offer and I feel I pissed my money down the drain. Just don’t think it is so wonderful. I also have Paramount-plus. Out of the 2 I think Paramount is the better service. Peacock has no customer service phone number which is crazy as hell in my opinion. I think having Hulu is a better buy and has the content I watch which is on Peacock. Think I will dump Peacock when the 12 mos expires. Just not anything like I expected. Anyone else feel this way?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: bobc469
I subscribe to Paramount + and I don't like it when a shows that have been on CBS for at least 2 to 3 years still don't have past episodes. The FAQ says it's copyright BS. Case in point I wanted watch last seasons finale of SWAT and FBI and FBI Most Wanted and all they had was no episodes for SWAT and the first episodes of FBI and FBI Most Wanted. If I'm paying for this service I want my shows episodes!
Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
:mad: I don't why this ended up in the Dish forum when I searched in the Cord Cutters forum.:facepalm

Reactions: charlesrshell
I Sub to Paramount + because the wifey wants to watch her soap "The Old & The Useless " or something like that, as I no longer sub to locals and she binge watches it she'll watch a weeks worth of episodes in 2 days,
so the commercial free option is good, then they have Star Trek so it's worth it for us. Sometimes they get sneaky (slimey) and slip in commercials, even though I paid for their Commercial free Premium plan .

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I enjoy a lot of programming on Paramount Plus...the various Star Trek versions, original and revival Twilight Zones, Frazier, and I'm working my way through the seasons of Perry Mason. I'm pretty sure I'll always find something that interests me.

I subscribe to Paramount + and I don't like it when a shows that have been on CBS for at least 2 to 3 years still don't have past episodes. The FAQ says it's copyright BS. Case in point I wanted watch last seasons finale of SWAT and FBI and FBI Most Wanted and all they had was no episodes for SWAT and the first episodes of FBI and FBI Most Wanted. If I'm paying for this service I want my shows episodes!
Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
:mad: I don't why this ended up in the Dish forum when I searched in the Cord Cutters forum.:facepalm
I have posted this before in the Cord Cutters Forum, Paramount ( CBS) only has rights to show the current season on shows produced by other production companies.

For example, the FBI’s show are produced and owned by Universal, SWAT by Sony, but Seal Team is owned/produced by CBS/Paramount, hence why all 4 Seasons are up.

This is all because of who owns the rights to the show, which has been going on since Television started, other examples-the classic show All in the Family, that was on CBS for 8 years, so you would think it would be on P+,nope, it was owned by Sony who sold the rights to Air to Amazon, Seinfeld, on NBC for 10 years, also owned by Sony, so not on Peacock, rights were sold to be shown on Netflix ( starting in October ).

Last example, Frazier, on NBC for a extremely long time, but it is on P+ since it was produced by CBS/Paramount.

Last edited:
Just found out my favorite show Seal Team is moving to Paramount + exclusively starting in Nov.:( Unfortunately(for Paramount and me) that's not enough of an incentive to pay for the service. I recently did a 7 day free trial of Paramount + and didn't see much that I really wanted to watch.

Just found out my favorite show Seal Team is moving to Paramount + exclusively starting in Nov.:( Unfortunately(for Paramount and me) that's not enough of an incentive to pay for the service. I recently did a 7 day free trial of Paramount + and didn't see much that I really wanted to watch.
Well, it is Viacom, the generic brand broadcast giant.

The switch to Paramount+ was part of the season renewal deal. Curious to see how it pans out for the show. I have read the Paramount+ episodes will potentially be more gritty, at least language wise.

Isn't there a CBS app, too? I believe it works with the Dish subscription. I am guessing it would not work with mine with the Tegna dispute. However, before the dispute, I think I was able to stream the local CBS affiliate through it. That was the extent to which I used it in the past but did not really have to due to my Paramount Plus subscription which I keep since I am grandfathered in the lower tier and still have a student discount.

Isn't there a CBS app, too? I believe it works with the Dish subscription. I am guessing it would not work with mine with the Tegna dispute. However, before the dispute, I think I was able to stream the local CBS affiliate through it. That was the extent to which I used it in the past but did not really have to due to my Paramount Plus subscription which I keep since I am grandfathered in the lower tier and still have a student discount.
Cbs news

CBS app converted to Paramount about 6 months ago.
I was not referring to the CBS All Access app that is now Paramount Plus. I was referring to this one: Roku
Before having Paramount Plus and before the TEGNA dispute, I was able to stream my local CBS affiliate with my Dish login through the CBS app when channel signal loss would occur on Dish during severe weather.

Reactions: TheKrell
I was not referring to the CBS All Access app that is now Paramount Plus. I was referring to this one: Roku
Before having Paramount Plus and before the TEGNA dispute, I was able to stream my local CBS affiliate with my Dish login through the CBS app when channel signal loss would occur on Dish during severe weather.
You can still watch your local CBS station live in the Paramount+ app. You need your DISH credential to access.

You can still watch your local CBS station live in the Paramount+ app. You need your DISH credential to access.
I have access to my local CBS affiliate in the Paramount Plus app without my Dish login. One can get Paramount Plus standalone without a provider. My CBS affiliate is not available currently through Dish due to the TEGNA dispute.

What I meant is that I did not try the CBS app since having Paramount Plus, but I would assume that one can stream their local CBS affiliate through the CBS app with their Dish login as long as there is not a dispute with Dish like with TEGNA. I hope that makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)