Parental Code to get into Installation Menu?

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
My software on my stb was recently upgraded and it seems they've changed some of the menus. I can no longer get into the installation menu (they've assigned it to the green button (I believe) within the setup area). When I press the button indicated onscreen it asks me for a Parental Code.

I remember reading some things about the Parental Code and the new software but I thought they only applied if you had turned the Parental Code on. I've NEVER done this.

Oh, btw, I also cannot access the Food Network or HGTV. I get an Access Card error. They're coming out tomorrow to replace my stb. Not sure I'm happy about that since I've had no major problems with my current stb (until now).

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

The Rickster

Try pin code "0000". Call VOOM and ask them to re-initialize the box and to reset the pin code. They should be able to fix both problems remotely. Good luck!

Thanks...

I'll check out the threads and try 0000. I'll hold off on calling Voom since an installer is supposed to be coming here any minute now to replace my box as I've been getting an Access card message when trying to tune Food Net and HGTV (they hit it multiple times the other night to no avail).

Thanks again!

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)