part conversion to mrv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

madaccountant

Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
california
If i get 2 hddvr and 2 hd receivers and attach swm , mrv, etc to those 4 receivers and sign up for mrv service, will that foul up my other 4 standard def
receivers using the same antenna with old sony receivers???? My understanding is that i will receive different software in the new receivers, and maybe foul up the old sony receivers on the same antenna???

Last edited:
What dish do you have? You're adding 6 tuners, so you'll need to expand the multiswitch. Or add one.
Anyway, if done correctly, your SD receivers shouldn't be affected.

Ihave the 3 lnbdish with room for 5 lnbs oval dish. 4 modern receivers capable of mrv etc, but also 4 standard def receivers. I understand when you start the 3 dollar mrv service with directtv they send down different software to receivers which will cause the sd receivers to not work??

That isn't a problem. You will need to have a SWM16, since there will be more than 8 tuners. Any older model SD receivers will need to be upgraded to the D12 model, which is SWM-compatible. Bandpass filters will be placed on these to avoid interference caused by the DECA signal used for MRV.

two antennas

I do have two antennas, what if i put the 4 sd receivers that are old on one antenna with no swim or mrv or deca. will the new software that is sent down fowl them up them, or since there is no swim will they continue to work without upgrade or bandpass filters????

The other option is to simply let D* swap out your old SD receivers for new ones at no cost to you. It's all part of the MRV upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts