Part of 1000.2 DPP LNB dead?

winman97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
north of Atlanta, Ga
The subject here is no reception on a 1000.2 dish for sat 129. The receivers are a 211 and 722.

A friend said his 129 sat could no longer be received and called me to take a look at this problem.
Upon arrival I saw that his line of sight for 129 might be blocked by a tree. So we moved the dish, which was a lot easier than moving the tree. After moving the dish, to a clear LOS, I still could not find 129, but the other 2 sats were found and reception was good and strong.
My question is: Could that one lnb that focuses on 129 be dead and the other 2 be ok? Is there a way to test, etc. We swapped some cables around, but that had no effect.
I'm stumped on this one, so advise would be appreciated. :confused:

Could be. You could call DISH and see if they would either come out and check or see if they would replace the lnb. But you would need to by the home protection insurance plan for $6.00 a month and the tech visit would be only $15.00 vs $95.00 without it.

run check switch

When you run a check switch the grid should show 119, 110, 129, x , in that order. Try moving the dish a little to the west if the grid shows any different order.

1000.2 dishes are easy to bend. Look at it from the top or bottom and make sure it isn't bent. If it isn't, adjust the elevation down 1 or 2 degrees.

Cover the 129 LNB with foil, it's the easternmost, which reflect to the west--right as you face the dish. If you lose 119 then you are off by 9 degrees--turn the dish more toward the east. Then you can tune the elevation after the azimuth is corrected. Finally fine tune the azimuth. Tune the skew but only if 110 and 129 there but are badly balanced. Foil off for all the but the first try.
-Ken

Problem solved!! :)
Replaced old DPP LNBF with new. All works fine. So I guess the LNB pointed to 129 sat was dead and the other 2 aimed at 110 and 119 are ok.

I've replaced the old legacy quad LNBFs that had one or even 2 of the outputs not working while the others were, but both LNBs worked, just not all output ports.
Go figure....:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts