Partial Signal Loss (00-00-00)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
been getting this error message on my 722k and picture goes out. my 222k reciever is working fine with no issues using same lnb i change lnb and wiring and dish splitter still only checked sig strength using transponder 11 signal is 56 percent and did power reset still same driving my nuts any clue

been getting this error message on my 722k and picture goes out. my 222k reciever is working fine with no issues using same lnb i change lnb and wiring and dish splitter still only checked sig strength using transponder 11 signal is 56 percent and did power reset still same driving my nuts any clue
Some 722's have been known to stop processing signal correctly. I have replaced many for that.

We have a similar issue with our 722K. Ours is related to the MT2 OTA module installed. When it was last tuned OTA to a weaker antenna channel, it often gives the 00-00-00 error when watching a Dish channel. Hitting the guide button fixes it for a moment or two. Tuning to a strong OTA station before going to a Dish channel helps. Usually rebooting the receiver works best.

Many have experienced this problem over the years. It was never addressed in a software update while the 722K was current, and will never be fixed now that it is considered an obsolete receiver. My workaround was to program the OTA module for a single channel that my wife wants to record from on one of her busy nights for recording (one OTA and one or two Dish channels recording at the same time.) We've had no more 00-00-00 errors since I limited the OTA module to one channel.

Some 722's have been known to stop processing signal correctly. I have replaced many for that.
Yup; Dish replaced my owned 722 with another because its crypto gear was either marginal or failed. I had two 612's with adjacent serial numbers that went deaf in one tuner or another. That was confusing as hell because it took forever to check the switch and also download the guide after booting. They eventually came up and seemed to work, at least on one tuner. Dish replaced both as well, but junked them both :crying when I upgraded to the H3.

I had two 612's with adjacent serial numbers that went deaf in one tuner or another. That was confusing as hell because it took forever to check the switch and also download the guide after booting. They eventually came up and seemed to work, at least on one tuner.
I had that happen on my ViP222k. In my case, the problem was a loose cable on my separator. Once I tightened that and ran the check switch again, it fixed the issue, which has not happened again since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts