Status
Please reply by conversation.

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
For anyone with a motorized mount, Can you post if they can see any of the mexico beam transponders (not the conus/europe KU frequencies) from your location. In Florida and Los Angeles I can receive them fine, but from Atlanta (with a 1.1 meter dish) I get 0 signal... I am wondering if a bigger dish would help as the estimated EIRP would be around 40-42 for these beams. These are all SkyMexico transponders. If you can get a locked good quality signal I would love to know where you are and what size dish you are using...

DVB
PAS9 58 degrees West
11960 Horizontal SR=30000 FEC=3/4
11980 Vertical SR=30000 FEC=3/4
12000 Horizontal SR=30000 FEC=3/4
12160 Horizontal SR=30000 FEC=3/4

I just scanned Pas 9 with my standard KU LNBF nothing found, as Iceberg said a Universal is needed to see Cubavision. ( I did notice that after finding the above channel I replaced the Universal with a standard LNBF and the channel was still there)

CubaVision is on the CONUS/Europe frequencies. I am specifically wanting to know if anyone can see those transponders for SkyMexico (the sky mex frequencies) even though no channels will be found (as they are encrypted). If you get signal on those frequencies and it is good quality, that is the main thing I am looking for. Probably will have to add the frequency manually and see if it is getting a good signal.

The Mexico beam covers much of the southern US (Florida, Texas, etc) but have never tried from Atlanta.

I have a legal SkyMexico subscription as I travel alot to Mexico and sometimes use the box here when I travel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts