Passdue amount

I see the logic there, but what about the innocent person who may buy that receiver at a Goodwill, etc? The Dish receivers I have seen at Goodwill, and there have been a lot them through the years. Those are donated. No money exchanges hands, unless someone buys the receiver. The poor guy that buys the receiver hoping to get it activated is the one holding the bag.

The answer to that is DISH did not sell the receiver to that person, Goodwill did. In fact that receiver could belong to DISH and was illegally sold or given away.

Whats the advantage of owned receivers?
DISH will still replace it even if you own it. I know it for a fact, I have owned all my receivers on all 3 of my DISH accounts for almost 23 years now. Never had DISH refuse to replace one. Still shows as OWNED when I replace them too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Oh no, Triton! I can definitely understand why that would be completely frustrating! I can't say I would feel an ounce differently. To remove equipment from a previous account, and add it to a new one, the previous account would have to be in good standing with no outstanding balance. The receiver would also need to be marked 'Purchased'. Since we would need the Account Information to clear the balance or share whether it would be 'Purchased'. As other users did suggest, I would contact the seller to see if they could contact us to get it removed or request a refund. -Caleb S

That’s what we already said.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s what we already said. If your going to chime in here, why don’t you contact the the original poster, get the receiver info and clear the balance from it so he can activate it on his account.

It can be done if you where really here to help your customers.

Maybe DISH doesn't own the receiver to simply hand it over to someone..... If the owner does owe $1000 what's the chance they answer a call or email from DISH? May be better not to give DISH reps a hard time when they come here?

Let's keep this on topic guys and if you have nothing to add to help move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts