Password protect recordings

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Is there a way to have my 622 ask for a password when I access my recorded content?

If you lock adult channels, you are asked for a password to view them even if recorded. Not sure about other channels.

If you have a content rating locked recording and you watch it on "tv2", it doesn't require a password. at least it didn't use to...

I thought you could lock the channel from which the recording came from, that way you have to put in your code to see it (if the system is locked). Try it.

Here's what I want to do:
I have a 622, where I use the content rating system lock to have a password for the progrmas which have "Nudity" in them. Eventually something that I record will obviously have nudity in it, and to play it on my 1st TV, i get asked for the password. But on the 2nd TV, I'm able to play the same recording with the nudity and it gets played without any password. Any way to stop this?

Thanks

In dual user mode, the password is only on the tv side you set. If you want it on tv2 as well, you need to set a password on that side too.
Good point. It's not obvious, at first, that there are 2 separate systems going on for the one hard-drive of recordings.

You can individually controll the locks/ratings/channels from each of the 2 TVs in dual mode. And you can have different passwords for each of the 2 TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)