PAT

PMMPWM

Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Minnesota
:)I HAVE A LONG RUN OF RG6 FROM SAT. DISH( 1000.4) TO HOLLAND DI -

PLEXER AND THEN 27 FEET TO RECEIVER VIP 222 . ALSO 38 FEET FROM DI- PLEXER TO TV#2. THERE IS SIG. LOSS. HOW CAN IT BE IMPROVED?

THANKS, PAT :D

How long of a 'LONG RUN OF RG6' do you have , I think the total has to be less 200-250 feet.

What problems are you having, it pretty much works or doesn't. A low 'signal strengh' reading on VIP 222 'point dish' measures error rate of the satellite link and might need re-alignment.

You can use RG-11

Available in 950-2150MHz for Satellite
LA-2150D 16-20dB 950-2150MHz Satellite IF Inline Amplifiers

PAT,

How long of a 'LONG RUN OF RG6' do you have , I think the total has to be less 200-250 feet.

What problems are you having, it pretty much works or doesn't. A low 'signal strengh' reading on VIP 222 'point dish' measures error rate of the satellite link and might need re-alignment.

You can use RG-11

Available in 950-2150MHz for Satellite
LA-2150D 16-20dB 950-2150MHz Satellite IF Inline Amplifiers

THE TOTAL RUN IS 130+ FEET FROM SAT. TO DI-PLEX. HALF OF IT IS BURIED. SIG. IS "ON A CLEAR DAY" 40 AND GOES DOWN FROM THERE. CKD ALL CONNECTS. WOULD AN IN LINE AMP HELP? DISH WAS SET UP BY INSTALLER. :)

Just to clarify... a diplexer will take the satellite signal and OTA signal, combine them, and put them out on one cable (or the reverse, take the combined signal and split out a satellite signal and OTA signal). That being said, I don't understand how you've got the feed from the dish going to a diplexer, then to a receiver AND TV#2.

Also, I would think a signal of 40 on a clear day isn't great. if you bypass the diplexer and feed the dish straight to the receiver, does the signal level change?

THIS SET UP IS AT SEASONAL RV SPOT IN N. WISC. THE 1000.4 DISH IS

ACROSS ROAD FROM OUR PARK MODEL. DISH INST'D 1000.4 FOR ANOTHER
TRAILOR.
THEY RAN THREE LINES TO UNDER THAT TRAILOR( 35FT).
INST'LLER USED ONE LINE FOR THAT TRAILOR. I USED 2 LINE (MOST OF IT BURIED) TO OUR TRAILOR . (100 FEET).
THAT IS WHERE HOLLAND DI-PLEXER IS THAT I INSALLED. , JUST UNDER THE PORCH. FROM DI-PLEX TO VIP 222K REC'VER. (25 FEET)
THAT SIG. IS ABOUT 40.
THE REC'VER IS FROM HOME.( ST. PAUL, MN ) WE HAVE 2 OF THE SAME MODEL REC'VE. R, ON THE BACK OF REC'VER I LEFT AS IS , IE , 2 LINES AND A SEP'TOR WHICH GOES TO I LEG OF DI-PLEX , ANOTHER LINE FROM REC'VER GOES TO INCOMING LINE TO THE OTHER LEG OF DI-PLEX.
THE OTHER SINGLE CONN. GOES TO THE OUTSIDE DI-PLEX (HOLLAND) THAT I INSTALLED (THE IN/OUT SIDE.
THE SAT CONN. TO LINE FROM UNDER ROAD, THE OTHER CONN. GOES BACK UNDER TRAILOR TO TV # 2 IN BEDROOM, (35 FEET), I CANNOT GET ANY SIGNAL THERE.

I DID RE-CK ALL CONN. USED A COMPRESSION, WATER PROFF STYLE CONN.

PAT :)

'40' is kind of low for good rain fade protection, a re-alignment and '60' would be better. Your 'No TV2' should work if you have modulator enabled and using correct channel. Because the installer gave you 2 coax feeds I doubt the receiving DISH is using
DishPro LNBF which you need to have, to be able to send sat1 and sat2 feeds down a single coax cable then a seperator is used to 'seperate' it back to sat1 and sat2 to feed the two inputs on the receiver.

Diplexer wiring guide.

Attachments

• diplexer1.jpg
    diplexer1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
THANKS FOR INFO.AS FAR AS YELLING, I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT, SORRY .
I HAD A STROKE AWHILE BACK AND TYPE WITH LEFT HAND AND AM TRYING HARD TO TYPE .
AM VERY S L O W. SO IT IS EASIER TO LEAVE CAPS ON. AGAIN THANKS AND PLEASE ACCEPT MY SORRY. PAT:)

Use a verbal to type prgm

THANKS FOR INFO.AS FAR AS YELLING, I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT, SORRY .
I HAD A STROKE AWHILE BACK AND TYPE WITH LEFT HAND AND AM TRYING HARD TO TYPE .
AM VERY S L O W. SO IT IS EASIER TO LEAVE CAPS ON. AGAIN THANKS AND PLEASE ACCEPT MY SORRY. PAT:)

Have you looked into a program that you can use that you speak and it converts it into type? Tiger Direct is selling one now that is supposed to be pretty good and inexpensive?

nice to have a diagram.
i would like to use rec'r from home .
as already set up.
can i use 2 sat. lines to a diplex (sat and uhf/vhf) then use the in/out to the line under the road to the trailor.

then at the trailor another diplex in reverse (in/out to sat. and uhf/vhf)

this is where i am confused ,this is normal,

i know that diplexers have to FACE each other.

i have one line to rec'r .////

from rec'r, sat1/ sat2 a sep.. the input goes to diplexer (sat.)

line from rec'er home distr. to the same diplexer uhf/vhf.

the in/out side of diplexer to line from under trailor.

now how do i connect using line #1 from rec'r
line fromTV #2
and line that i have diplexer that has sat and uhf/vhf ?

the dish inst. said something about backfeed. it's magic.

i hope you can make some sense of this. PAT :)

p.s. i tried that speech/typing program years ago, but i'll try it again. i hear it's improved.

this is one of 2 rec'rs from home, a 222k.brought to trailor at lake.
i would like to use rec'r from home .
as is already set up.
can i use 2 sat. lines from dish to a diplex (sat and uhf/vhf) then use the in/out to the line under the road to the trailor.

then at the trailor another diplex in reverse (in/out to sat. and uhf/vhf)

this is where i am confused ,this is normal,

i know that diplexers have to FACE each other.

i have one line to rec'r .////

from rec'r, sat1/ sat2 a sep.. the input goes to diplexer (sat.)

line from rec'er home distr. to the same diplexer uhf/vhf.

the in/out side of diplexer to line from under trailor.

now how do i connect using line #1 from rec'r
line fromTV #2
and line that i have diplexer that has sat and uhf/vhf ?

the dish inst. said something about backfeed. it's magic.

i hope you can make some sense of this. PAT :)

It all depends if the equipment, if it is ‘DishPro; or ‘Legacy’.

With DishPro the two feeds are stacked (950 – 1450 MHz and 1450 – 2150MHz) and sent down a signal coax. Over the air TV range is 50 MHz to 850MHz, the same frequency range that TV2 uses to back-feed from vip222 to TV2. So you can see all 3 signals can co-exist on a single coax.

With enough diplexers you could run these in addition but not recommended to back-feed TV2 out with an external antenna VHF/UHF because you will be broadcasting TV2 out to the neighborhood, just make sure the TV2 out channel you pick are
not being used.

1- TV2 back-feed from vip222.
2- External back-feed Remote 2 UHF atenna.
3- VHF/UHF external antenna feed to vip22

With ‘Legacy’ you’ll have two 950 – 1450 MHz feeds and there is no easy way to combine and send down single coax.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)