Pathway X2 w/ VIP211z - No Arc Option?

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Awhile back I bought I Pathway X2 for my parents, who were purchasing a camper. I finally got around to trying to set up and use the thing today with the 211z I bought off of Amazon. I set up the X2 correctly, but when it boots up it doesn't give me the kind of configuration screen shown in the instructions that came with the X2. It boots up to a screen that asks me to pick my state and "scan", as opposed to giving me an option to select Eastern or Western Arc, etc.

The major issue with this is that in my area we're completely surrounded by trees. I have a nice opening for the eastern arc satellites, but receiving the western arch is impossible. Anyone have any ideas as to why the 211z isn't showing the correct configuration screen as it should?

The scan fails because it will only search for the western arc satellites, and those are blocked at my location. It *should* give me a screen that lets me choose one receiver or two, set the arc, and then scan. I'm thinking the software on the 212z is out of date, but I have no way to update it without the x2 working

The scan fails because it will only search for the western arc satellites, and those are blocked at my location. It *should* give me a screen that lets me choose one receiver or two, set the arc, and then scan. I'm thinking the software on the 212z is out of date, but I have no way to update it without the x2 working

I think you are correct, you need to get a signal so the software can update. That's why DISH suggests setting the receiver up on a standard dish before using it on a portable. Maybe a neighbor has a fixed dish you can plug into long enough to do setup.

Could you "lie" and pick a state on the Eastern Seaboard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts