Patient Channel in Spanish???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK this is just the inner geek in me asking ;)

When my grandma was in the hospital (nothing bad...just knee replacement surgery) in her room below the TV they had some channels listed and Patient Channel was listed.
Patient Channel English Ch 14
Patient Channel Spanish Ch 22

Tuned to it and its the same Patient Channel on 87W (11717 H 4857). Tuned to 22 and it was the same program but Spanish audio.

Yet on my FTA system it only shows English audio (language 1) with no other option

Anyone seen the Patient Channel elsewhere much less in Spanish?

Not yet, at least. I thought they might have different pids for other languages but only see one set on my box. Well, it says AUTO, and Channel one, but its the same thing.

I looked a pids with DVBDream and nothing shows for another audio channel. But for kicks I tried a couple logical PID numbers for audio and found nothing. There probably is another feed somewhere in Spanish.

yeah it was weird.

But of course the inner geek had to verify it was the same feed that we get on FTA ;)

a quote from their website
Is the Patient Channel available in Spanish? Are any of your programs available in any other languages?

the Patient Channel is closed captioned in Spanish and English. Currently, there are no programs available in other languages.

interesting as this was Spanish language audio, not CC

oh well no worries. Like I say it was my inner geek asking :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)