Paul Crouch, Founder of TBN, passed away this morning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
TBN has announced that Paul Crouch passed away this morning. Paul was possibly the largest promoter of Free to Air satellite television, world wide.

He's with the Lord now. May he rest in peace.

I was just about to post the same thing. From what little I've read in the conversations on this board, I think it's fair to say he was both a pioneer in, and strong supporter of, FTA television. Let's hope TBN continues his vision of using satellite to "spread the Word." And I say this as one who isn't a huge fan of religious television, but have family and friends who are :)

There is so much I could say about him, memories - but my memories may not be the most accurate, so I will leave the reports to Colby May and TBN. However, the very first mobile satellite uplink truck was the dream of Paul Crouch. It could not be done, but Paul had it built. The uplink it self was on 0ne 18 wheeler and had two support vehicles running with it. I had the privilege of "working on it" in 1986. TBN used my JVC1900 JDX television camera as one stationary cameras for that uplink and for several years after that at KTBW, Tacoma. That was a C band uplink truck. It took several years of dreams and designs before they had a K band mobile that could be loaded into an SUV or pickup truck - or even loaded on a private airplane and flown to remote locations.

Last edited:
A great man. Honored to have been associated with a small part of his satellite ministry vision. Thoughts and prayers for his family!

For those of you familiar with Uplink Window Protocol...

Paul_CrouchSr.jpg

He certainly was a pioneer in providing FTA channels, among them and in addition to TBN, are The Church Channel, Smile of a Child, JCTV.

TBN Authorization 0017.jpg

Paul was instrumental in sending me the authorization to legally receive and redistribute Trinity Broadcasting Network during the early days of Satellite Television (December 1980). I removed my full name from this copy of the Certificate. Paul will be missed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)