Pausing DirecTv

DaveKL69

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Beaver Dam KY
I am thinking about pausing DirecTv for a month, to try out Hulu+Live or YouTube TV. The question is, if I pause DirecTv, can I still watch the previously taped recordings on DVR? (Oops posted in wrong thread mistakenly, reported this post myself with note to move this thread).

I am thinking about pausing DirecTv for a month, to try out Hulu+Live or YouTube TV. The question is, if I pause DirecTv, can I still watch the previously taped recordings on DVR? (Oops posted in wrong thread mistakenly, reported this post myself with note to move this thread).
Might want to ask that in the DirecTV forum....

YES-

Well, today I switched to YouTube TV, getting 2 weeks free, then $10 off for 3 mos. Plus getting 2 weeks of Showtime, and 1 week of HBO Max free.

I suspended my DirecTV service but now cannot get to my DVR recordings. This sucks, was going to watch the majority of my recordings, before canceling DirecTV. So is there anyway to get to my recordings or are we screwed, lol?

Why are you bumping this, I believe it is pretty obvious that your DVR Recordings are gone unless you start back up with DirecTV, but I would not be so sure about that, as far as we know, they could of blanked the hard drive.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, today I switched to YouTube TV, getting 2 weeks free, then $10 off for 3 mos. Plus getting 2 weeks of Showtime, and 1 week of HBO Max free.

I suspended my DirecTV service but now cannot get to my DVR recordings. This sucks, was going to watch the majority of my recordings, before canceling DirecTV. So is there anyway to get to my recordings or are we screwed, lol?
Did you ask Directv? Perhaps you should return to Directv for a month, watch your shows, then cancel.

Reactions: Jimbo
Why are you bumping this, I believe it is pretty obvious that your DVR Recordings are gone unless you start back up with DirecTV, but I would not be so sure about that, as far as we know, they could of blanked the hard drive.
Because I got the info from here, thought I'd get other thoughts on the subject. SMH

Because I got the info from here, thought I'd get other thoughts on the subject. SMH
When I dropped Dish network I also gave YouTube TV a try. I didn't like the interface. And even though you are supposed to be able to skip commercials on recordings, I found myself stuck watching commercials more often than not. Despite setting it to record my favorite shows, it didn't do many of them and my only choice was the Video On Demand version with its forced commercials.

I also tried Sling TV and didn't like it either. Now I am subscribing to Philo for only $25 a month and am liking it. It works as expected and I can skip commercials on recordings with one button press.

Reactions: DaveKL69
When I dropped Dish network I also gave YouTube TV a try. I didn't like the interface. And even though you are supposed to be able to skip commercials on recordings, I found myself stuck watching commercials more often than not. Despite setting it to record my favorite shows, it didn't do many of them and my only choice was the Video On Demand version with its forced commercials.

I also tried Sling TV and didn't like it either. Now I am subscribing to Philo for only $25 a month and am liking it. It works as expected and I can skip commercials on recordings with one button press.
The DVR is the worst thing IMHO about YouTube TV. Will ride out the 2 weeks free, then will switch to Hulu+ Live TV + Disney+ ESPN+.