Pausing Hopper 3 & Joey 3 Service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am planning on moving in a month or two and until I get a new home I will be living in my motorhome using my Wally. Will Dish let me pause the service only for the Hopper 3 and Joey 3 for this time period without interfering with my contract?

Since the Hopper & Joey are most likely leased DISH will want them returned if you cancel (there in no pause on a device) the service on them

If you are pausing there is no need to return the equipment, but, if that Wally is on the same account and the Hopper and Joey are leased you can't pause the individual receivers it's all or none.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
It sounds like my only option is to either keep paying my monthly bill until I get reconnected or modify my RV dish setup where the H3 will work. As soon as I get another house I would then get Dish to set it up.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am planning on moving in a month or two and until I get a new home I will be living in my motorhome using my Wally. Will Dish let me pause the service only for the Hopper 3 and Joey 3 for this time period without interfering with my contract?
If the Hopper 3 / Joey 3 and Wally are all on the same account (and assuming the Hopper 3 and Joey 3 are leased) then here is what you can do: There is no such thing as a "pause" on an individual receiver, but you can deactivate the Hopper 3 and Joey 3. Dish will ask you to return them, but you do not have to actually return them. (You are planning to reactivate them later.) Dish will wait about a couple of months before charging any penalty fee for not returning them. Even if Dish does charge you the non-returned equipment penalty, that fee gets reversed as soon as you reactivate the receivers. So, for your situation, there really is no penalty for not returning the receivers. If you need to do a longer "pause" than just a month or two, then lather, rinse, repeat: activate the Hopper 3 and Joey 3 just long enough to get the non-returned penalty reversed, and then turn around and deactivate them again. I would do that, rather than continue to pay those monthly receiver fees during months when I am not actually using those receivers.

Reactions: tornado
Hey rubenray! We can provide some general information about Pause. Pause affects the entire account, not just certain receivers -- that would be disabling the receivers. Leased receivers do need to be sent back if disabled, and if they aren't there will be an unreturned equipment fee. That fee is reversed if the equipment is re-enabled. If an account is Paused, it will forfeit any credit offers on the account as well as any grandfathered pricing.

I am thinking my best option is to get a DPH LNB (Wester arc) for my tripod setup instead of modifying my RV setup. I would also be able to use it at my next home until Dish installs me a new dish at it.

Where would be the best place to get it from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)