Pausing video on Joey3 and restarting causes no sound and it skips

DCUNY

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2016
Rochester, NY
We have one Joey3 that randomly causes a problem with video and sound. We pause the recording, then hit play. The video starts playing again but with no sound. Then the picture briefly goes blank and sound returns, with video “catching up”.
Hopper 3 Hybrid Twin EA.2 is what the info screen says on the hopper.

Hopper, hub, splitters, cable, connectors, even that TV have all been replaced. I also swapped out the Joey3 on that TV with another one from another part of the house. Still acts up.

Technicians have been out twice, say everything tests fine. MOCA signals all green.

See video for what it’s doing. Any ideas from any Dish techs that are on the board?

Yup; trick play at least on Joeys and I think also on my H3 is pretty massively screwed up and has been for months. It's been like this for so long, I am no longer sure whether it worked right when I first got them. But IIRC it was indeed working right until one of the "upgrades" we got last year. :mad:

Reactions: charlesrshell
The video reminds me of what I used to see every time I exited Netflix on a Wally. Video would return with no sound, then a black screen, then it would finally fix itself. If I remember correctly, there was also an issue after using slow motion while watching a recording on a Wally. When I hit Play, the video would play normally, but the sound would be gone. In that case, the issue did not fix itself, so it was necessary to skip back (or rewind, skip forward, or fast forward) to get the sound to return.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)