PAUXIS C-BAND ONE CABLE SOLUTION LNBF Model PX-2000 200K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Reference to the above subject The salesman told me that above lnbf with 200K Noise Temperature is the best for receiving HD FULL HD 1080 MPEG4 -S2 TV channels . But from my previous knowledge the better low noise temperature in K kalvin is the better , therefore lnbf with 15K or 17k is better than 20K .
BUT LNBF WITH 200K is better for HD channels How come ! Pease Advice .
BEST REGARDS
A.M.AL-MADHI

I think you were talking to a carnival salesman that had no clue as to what he was selling or the technology. HD satellite signals use the exact LNBFs as SD signals. There is not a HD LNBF or a SD LNBF.

If you buy a one cable solution LNBF, make sure that your receiver install menu selections support the OCS (One Cable Solution). If your receiver does not support OSC settings, transponders will double scan in Blind Scan mode as both horizontal and vertical polarities and incorrect transponder frequencies. Manually inputted frequencies will also need to be calculated due to the LO differences between horizontal and vertical transponders. C-band OCS LNBFs use one voltage and two LO frequencies to stack the horizontal and vertical transponders.

Never heard of a 200K noise temperature LNBF in this century. If so, this must be a typo or a tremendously crappy amplifier! Noise figures are only part of the specification when optimizing for best performance. Also, most noise temperature specifications are marketing lies. Look for actual lowest amplification noise, highest polarization isolation, lowest stability, flattest gain (variation across the band) and the lack of harmonics.

I think they are referring to 20°k.

The "salesman" is reading the degree symbol as another 0 (zero). If so, that would explain "200k" which haven't been around since about 1973, lol.

People should not be allowed to sell something unless they are at least some what familiar with what they are selling...but that is hardly ever the case any more.

The "sales guy" was likely a manager...

People should not be allowed to sell something unless they are at least some what familiar with what they are selling...but that is hardly ever the case any more.

I think you were talking to a carnival salesman that had no clue as to what he was selling or the technology. HD satellite signals use the exact LNBFs as SD signals. There is not a HD LNBF or a SD LNBF.

If you buy a one cable solution LNBF, make sure that your receiver install menu selections support the OCS (One Cable Solution). If your receiver does not support OSC settings, transponders will double scan in Blind Scan mode as both horizontal and vertical polarities and incorrect transponder frequencies. Manually inputted frequencies will also need to be calculated due to the LO differences between horizontal and vertical transponders. C-band OCS LNBFs use one voltage and two LO frequencies to stack the horizontal and vertical transponders.

Never heard of a 200K noise temperature LNBF in this century. If so, this must be a typo or a tremendously crappy amplifier! Noise figures are only part of the specification when optimizing for best performance. Also, most noise temperature specifications are marketing lies. Look for actual lowest amplification noise, highest polarization isolation, lowest stability, flattest gain (variation across the band) and the lack of harmonics.
I think they are referring to 20°k.

The "salesman" is reading the degree symbol as another 0 (zero). If so, that would explain "200k" which haven't been around since about 1973, lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Titanium for your prompt reply and help
You mentioned in your reply very important information I needed long time ago which is regarding
( OSC) which is the abbrv. For One Cable Solution the word ( OSC) I see it in the main menu but I do not know what does it means until you you told me it means ONE CABLE SOLUTION .If the receiver does not support (OCS) how can I solve this problem doubling frequencies during blind search Please Advice
BEST REGARDS

A.M.AL-MADHI

There is no easy way to use One Cable Solution LNBFs without the correct STB settings. Without an OCS LNB type selection in the install menu, the STB could be programmed to only scan one polarity to eliminate the double logging. One polarity will correctly display scanned transponder frequencies, but the other polarity will display incorrect downlink transponder frequencies. This is because the OCS configuration uses two LO frequencies (one assigned to vertical polarity and the other to horizontal). The LO is switched similar to universal LNBs using a 22KHz tone, but is triggered by polarity instead of frequency.

If manually inputting a transponder, one polarity downlink frequency will be incorrect and the user will calculate the difference between the LO frequencies and adjust the inputted transponder by this amount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts